Author Topic: mitel 5000 PRI  (Read 3711 times)

Offline TYTEL

• View Profile
mitel 5000 PRI
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:29:28 PM »
I have a intertel 5000 customer who needs upgrade license to add a PRI to their system.What is the process and would the cost be.
Thanks
pct

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: mitel 5000 PRI
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:42:40 PM »
PRI hasn't required license for several years, so must be pretty old software version, probably pre-4 as I recall.  The dealer who controls their account record must sell them the license, because you'll need to upload new license that includes PRI.  They'll need the license number from HELP/ABOUT SOFTWARE LICENSES.  Newer versions call it APPLICATION RECORD and HARDWARE ID.
Older versions licensed by the unique number on a USB key, newer versions use the SN from the flash card and tie it to an app record number at Mitel.
Since you need new license any way, good time to upgrade to current version...I think you'll get PRI and lots of other features free.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 11:37:15 PM »
TYTEL,

I was going to say that same thing as dwayneg as it would be best to upgrade the system and get all the other features opened up as well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 07:12:18 AM »
TYTEL,

I was going to say that same thing as dwayneg as it would be best to upgrade the system and get all the other features opened up as well.

Thanks,

TE
Upgrading won't add the license they are looking for... at least that hasn't been my experience in the past, the customer will still need to purchase an additional T-1 digital link link license since their base package at time of purchase did not include it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 07:13:31 AM »
TYTEL,

Thanks,

TE
Upgrading won't add the license they are looking for... at least that hasn't been my experience in the past, the customer will still need to purchase an additional T-1 digital link link license since their base package at time of purchase did not include it. Software does not include any licensed features, but most current base packages include multiple features.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »
PRI no longer requires a license in newer versions, it's not even an option in the list of software features.  So you do get PRI for free with upgraded software.  What IS licensed still is the second T1/PRI port on the dual T1 card, that's what the ADDITIONAL T1/E1/PRI in the license list is for.  So if you have a T1 card you get one T1 or PRI with the base card, but turning up the second port on the dual T1 card requires one of those licenses.

Offline Mgaynor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:16 PM »
We have an InterTel 5000 user trying to add a PRI.  Software VErsion 5.0
We can find used PRI cards on the internet. They need a PRI license too?  where would we get that?
We used to be an InterTel dealer before Mitel bought them out 10 years ago.  We have no access to get licenses.....is there a dealer out there who does that we can work with? 
We are ShoreTel now, so I guess we are back with Mitel in the very near future.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »
You're in luck. Effective with version 5.0, no additional license is needed for the first PRI port. If it's a dual T1/PRI card, an additional license is needed for the second port.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10