Author Topic: Can't Join Conference Calls Using Jitsi Softphone  (Read 2497 times)

Offline SDesforges

• View Profile
Can't Join Conference Calls Using Jitsi Softphone
« on: October 06, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
I apologize if this topic ruffles any feathers on this board.  I searched the forums for this topic but found no posts.  I have the Jitsi SIP soft phone working properly to send and receive calls to our Mitel 5000 v6.0.  However, after connecting a call, the Mitel 5000 never acknowledges/receives any digits dialed.  Consequently, users can't join conference calls or use any other services that require additional digits after the call connects.  This issue is not present when using the Counterpath X-Lite client but X-Lite lacks many, many features offered by the Jitsi client.  I assumed it was a DTMF method misconfiguration on the soft phone but using the same standard (RFC2833) on both clients, the X-Lite client works but the Jitsi client doesn't.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Join Conference Calls Using Jitsi Softphone
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
get a packet capture to confirm that your client is, indeed, sending dtmf correctly.. It's not always in rtp events, the sip sdp could be requesting differently.

using wireshark on the same machine is the easiest way. examine the sip sdp to see what the 5000 is expecting to receive.

Offline SDesforges

• View Profile
SOLVED: Can't Join Conference Calls Using Jitsi Softphone
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
I found the fix.  I failed to set the Call Configuration-->DTMF Encoding Setting to match the Jitsi configuration.

For anyone else experiencing the same issue, make sure the encoding type that you choose in the Mitel config is the same type that you configure in the Jisti DTMF configuration.  For the Mitel side, go to IP-Related Information-->Call Configurations and select the call configuration associated with your SIP Phone Group (..Devices and Feature Codes-->SIP Peers-->SIP Phone Groups).  In my case, I originally configured DTMF Encoding Setting to G.711 Mu-Law which is not supported on the Jitsi client.  Once I changed the DTMF Encoding Setting for the Call Configuration associated with the SIP Phone Group to "RFC 2833", DTMF worked properly.  I should have checked that first.  Never overlook the obvious... 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10