Author Topic: Help please, i'm losing the will to live!!  (Read 3136 times)

Offline brettuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Help please, i'm losing the will to live!!
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »
Hi everyone I wonder if you can help?

I have been given 5 Mitel 5212 units and none of them have the HTTP (80) web interface enabled. I know what i need (Config files) and I know how to get them on to the telephones (tftp) however I have hunted all over the internet and cannot find them anywhere.

Do you know of such a place or do you know anywhere I can get the L2boot files etc??

I have 1 working 5212, is there a way of getting its files and tftp'ing the files to the other units to cheat and get the web interface to work, I need to register these phones with Sipgate.

If there is a way of getting files off of the working unit and on to the others, could you please explain the removal process as I am ok with this tech but not overly confident.

Hopefully yours,

Brett   :o :o :o :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, i'm losing the will to live!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Don't do it man! 5212's are definitely not worth it... maybe 5360's.... but don't take your life for a handful of 5212's.

easiest thing I do to upgrade the sip f/w (I assume you're in sip mode), is switch to minet mode, point them at a teleworker server (MBG) using the '7' key to program mbg's ip address, let them boot up and they will download the latest version of all the files... the sip and minet code is in the same file, so you just switch back to sip mode after you are done.

oh look, an MBG running latest s/w is at 216.191.234.111...

I've never used the sip config files, I just http into the sets and muck around directly.

Offline brettuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »

oh look, an MBG running latest s/w is at 216.191.234.111...

I've never used the sip config files, I just http into the sets and muck around directly.

Thanks for the information, I have done that now its asking for a TW password...I then changed it back to SIP rather than Minet and the screen just goes blank and the web interface still hasn't been enabled  :'( :'( :'( These damn phones!!!!!!

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Brett.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »
when you power up the phone now, what boot and main software versions are shown?

Offline brettuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 08:32:38 AM »
Hi,

Boot: 02 05 00 05

Main just says: Unzip main load then goes blank..

I have setup a tftp server on laptop and I can see the phone is looking for:

Sip5212Dpl_00.bin (which I have in the tftp server folder)
L2Boot_00.bin (which I do not have)
Bootlp5220Dpl_00.bin (Which I do not have)

This is seriously starting to stress me out...Regretting getting into this job!!  :-\

Is there anyway we can chat in real time? Would be much easier.

Thanks, Brett

Offline brettuk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »
Just a quick update,

tftp server tries to upload config files and phone returns the error of cannot upload as file already exists.

I am not completely stumped as I do not no how to get around this issue. :'( :-\ :-[ ??? :o :( >:(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10