Author Topic: Mitel 3000 and Time Warner Cable Modem  (Read 2184 times)

Offline WNM600

• View Profile
Mitel 3000 and Time Warner Cable Modem
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »
Hi, new to the forum and was hoping you guys could help me.  I have a mitel 3000 system that we had originally been using as the PBX in our small business. We are now hoping to setup the same system in our home.  I have cable internet and phone service for 2 lines through Time Warner Cable.  When I connect a standard digital phone to the telephone port on the modem I am able to get a dial tone but when I connect the phone system to the CO line I am unable to get a dial tone.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to purchase an additional module? When we were using the system in our small business it was connected to a standard phone line through Cincinnati Bell.

Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Offline IT-Tom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3000 and Time Warner Cable Modem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »
 You may have to switch the tip an ring line. I at one time was installing residential cable, phone, and internet, and If they are running the same gear which is likely, then on certain systems it would make a difference if the tip, and ring lines running off the cable modem where just jumped from the modem to the other system they would be reversed, so you would have to run to a phone jack , and reverse the two wires, or by any other method flip the tip and ring. it never seemed to be a problem with a newer phone set, but older equipment, and for sure on alarm systems you had to get it right or there would be problems. No guarantee, but it's worth a try. good luck, and you should never need any other module or electronics to make the connection work. They hooked up to pbx systems on a regular basis. Hope this helps... Tom...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10