Author Topic: Aastra phones crash when on same switch as Mitel 5340 in SIP mode?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline dterenzi

• Contributer
    • View Profile
   OK, I've got a test environment with one Aastra 6865, one Aastra 6867 and a Mitel 5340 (in SIP mode) connecting to Freeswitch 1.4 (latest stable).  All three phones can individually come up and connect successfully to the FS, then dial appropriately.  They are all connected using a Netgear FS116P POE switch in a flat environment.

However, if I bring up the Aastra phones, wait for them to be connected, then bring up the Mitel 5340 in SIP mode, the Aastra phones will CRASH when the Mitel phone reaches the LLDP search as part of its' bootup.  Then the Aastra phones themselves will sit at their own LLDP search and not boot further, even if I take the Mitel 5340 out of service.  I must manually power-cycle the Aastras to bring them back into service.

I've tried moving them to another switch (Trendnet 8-port POE) in case there was a switch problem, but the issue is replicable there too.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Is there something in Aastra's implementation of LLDP that conflicts?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Aastra phones crash when on same switch as Mitel 5340 in SIP mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
If you can set up a port mirror on the Aastra phones, plug in a PC running WireShark and see if that gives you any clues.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »
I've seen this before in 6757i sets... in you aastra.cfg file, change lldp to 0 (disable) and it should go away after the phones have loaded the configuration and rebooted, or just change it manually in the admin menu network settings manually on the phone.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:09:19 PM by acejavelin »

Offline dterenzi

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
My simple switch doesn't have feature functionality for port mirroring, and I couldn't find anything in the Aastra administrator's guide on setting up mirroring from the phone's PC port (like is possible with the Mitel phones).

I did get LLDP disabled through the Aastra phone's admin GUI and that allowed all phones to boot.  The Aastra "crash.log" shows a continuous series of errors like:

lldpRxThread Crashed at Fri Oct 17 02:36:15 2014
lldpRxThread Crashed at Thu Oct 16 19:50:37 2014

I'll have to move my environment to another switch capable of port mirroring for more in-depth packet captures.  Anyone familiar enough with LLDP for a side-line conversation on what to look for?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10