Author Topic: Question about call recording in Real-Time?  (Read 4759 times)

Offline scrill

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Question about call recording in Real-Time?
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »
Good morning - We are just noticing that when we set up supervisors to silent monitor their agents calls, it does not notify the agents they're being recorded, which is what we want.  When we do "record a call" though it DOES notify the agent AND the customer!  On the customer's end they hear four beeps and on the agents end the extension of the person recording their call flashes on their phone screen.  Is there a way to turn that off?

Any help is appreciated!  Thank you in advance.
Sarah

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Question about call recording in Real-Time?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
Two SYSTEM flags: RECORD-A-CALL TONE and RECORD-A-CALL DISPLAY.  Since they're system flags they affect all users.

Offline scrill

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »
Thank you for the assistance...I went in and navigated to:  System > Phone-Related Information > Flags and did not see the flags you mentioned.  Am I going to the wrong spot?

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
Those are the STN flags. You just went in too far. Try: 5000CP > System > Flags

Offline scrill

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't have that option.  I have:

Devices and Feature Codes
File-Based MOH
Hunt-Group Related Information
Phone-Related Information
Timers and Limits
Trunk-Related Information

I've ran into this problem before where Mitel didn't give me permission to view everything, I wonder if that's what is happening here? 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
Scrill,

That is exactly what is happening with your inability to see System Flags.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
Ask whomever controls your PBX to give your password authority to see more stuff.  There are up to 18 subfolders inside SYSTEM.

Offline scrill

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
I opened a ticket with Mitel and they gave me access finally.   It wasn't the flag, we do our recording/monitoring through Reporter Real-Time and apparently you can't disable the notification in Real-Time, only when you record it through the phone and now that's not working properly.  It's Friday, 4:00 p.m. and I'm banging my head against the wall. 

When I first dialed the feature code for record a call it said the feature wasn't available.  I went into the DB and to my phone and the flags for RAC, I changed the Mailbox from "Associated Mailbox" to my extension, I left Mailbox User-Keyed Extension on "No" and I changed the Application to the RAC Application we set up when we first set this up. 

According to the Mitel tech, I should be good to go, however, now when I hit the special feature for RAC it says "IC to RAC" and records MYSELF! *Facepalm*

I appreciate any other suggestions you guys might have. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 12:08:19 AM »
Scrill,

It seems as though you did not have RAC before and now you want to set it up on your phone; is that correct?

If so you were close on your configuration, but leave the mailbox as associated instead of putting your extension. The system will record to the mailbox that is associated with your extension at that point so there is no need to set it for your extension. Also you can leave the User-Keyed set to NO, unless you want to determine which mailbox you create the recording in.

Depending on your software version you may or may not be able to record intercom (IC) calls. If I had to guess on your problem I would say that the button you created was for the RAC application and not the RAC Feature Access Code (FAC). Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes > Record Call and use that FAC for your button instead of the application.

Thanks,

TE

Offline scrill

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
Thank you for the tip...we have had RAC set up for a few years, but have always done our monitoring and recording through Reporter Real-Time so we've never used the Feature Code or the shortcut on our phones.  We do have a RAC Application that Mitel set up for us when we first set up call recording and that's what I have programmed into the Record a Call under my extension.

My extension under Record A Call says:
Mailbox: Associated Mailbox
Mailbox User-Key Ext: No
Application: 2510 (That's the Application I have that's called RAC)

On my phone, the shortcut for RAC is FAC 385, which is Record A Call.  When I pick up my phone and push that button, it says "IC to RAC" and all I get is dead air.  When I hang up, a voicemail immediately lands in my box and it's a recording of me. 

Thank you,

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 08:00:57 AM »
Scrill,

With your setup, and version of software, that is what should happen since you told the system which mailbox that you wanted to put the message in. So, when you press the FAC Button for RAC it IC you to the Application, which may or may not play a greeting, and then it starts recording. This function is for recording a memo that you can send on to your secretary for example; lawyers and doctors like this feature more than other professions.

Thanks,

TE

Offline PrimaHealthIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »
I know this question is forever old. I'm just now setting up RAC on our Mitel 5000. We are running into the same issue you were. I was wondering if you got that issue resolved? I am also running into an additional issue where if the outside caller hangs up first I get the IC to REC message like you were getting. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:01 PM »
PrimaHealthIT,

What exactly is your issue?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10