Author Topic: What have been your experiences with the Aastra system  (Read 4149 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
What have been your experiences with the Aastra system
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
For those of you installing Aastra systems, please share what you like about the system and what you don't like.
What have been your challenges with it?
What great solutions have you found with it?

Ralph

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: What have been your experiences with the Aastra system
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:09 PM »
I installed a network once to take an Astra system. I had about 2 days to install the network on all the floors and then the phone guy turned up on the Thursday with his Astra box.
He said, "I have no idea how this VoIP stuff works".
I said, "That's cool, we'll open up Alex and just follow what it says to do".
We pretty much had a working phone system by the end of the day, the phone guy didn't even show up on the Friday, and when the hundreds of people arrived on the Monday to move into their new building it all worked perfectly, apart from about 2 faulty phones.

Offline zoo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 04:28:29 PM »
Ericsson (former)/ Aastra (former)/ Mitel (current) Installer...Installed lots of BP50/250/128i systems and A400 system in all possible combinations (IP, SIP, digital,...).
On A400 love the flexibility and set of features available with system. Good training but nothing will replace experience with system install and challenges which Customer can provide (which is same with any other system).
Like - OIP I/0 add on - basically you can create new customized functions usually not available (on this or any other system)...
Don't like (sort-off) - lack of real Key system functionality - current solution with KT keys is hard to implement and explain to Customer when replacing real key system solution.

BR

Zoran

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »
Same as Zoran I came form installing the Business Phone range of Ericcson/Aastra PBX system and we are now installing the A400 mainly in hospitality.

As with all PABX systems they are not Key Systems and the transition for a customer can be difficult.

I do like the ease of networking multiple A400's together. You pretty much tell the system which IP address each node has and you're done. Everything is then programmed from the master node. Resiliency is something it doesn't do.

DECT is also a breeze on this system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10