Author Topic: Mitel 5224 on SIP with Jabra GN1200  (Read 3045 times)

Offline digitaldomain

• View Profile
Mitel 5224 on SIP with Jabra GN1200
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »
Hello everyone :)

This is my first post so to introduce myself, my name is Daniel, a 31 year old networking tech in Montreal Quebec Canada.
I specialize with company networking and since I work for a small consulting company, we started doing a lot of PBX's.

We got our hands on about 20-30 Mitel Phones.
Half of them are Mitel 5224's and the other half are Mitel 5235's.

My PBX of choice is currently Elastix and it has treated us really well.
As Elastix uses SIP phones, I have learned a great deal about using the Mitel's as SIP and performing Firmware upgrades via TFTP.
I can't say it was too hard but for me it was a first.

I originally had a hard time finding all the firmwares, so if anyone is looking for them, feel free to contact me, it would be a pleasure to help.
(Files I got are SIPPhones_4.0.0.13, SIPPhones_5.0.0.21, SIPPhones_6.0.0.19 SIPPhones_7.2.0.4 and SIPPhones_8.0.0.4)
This site has been very helpful to me
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+SIP+Firmware

Here is where I seriously need some help as I have been unable to figure out something that should be really easy and basic.

I cannot get a headset working on a Mitel 5224 running under any SIP firmware.

I found out that you need to program a key to enable/disable headset mode.
I found out that the code "Should" be 317 from this source pdf page 3
http://www.metrotele.com/miteluserguides/Model%205212_5224_IP%20Endpoint%20User%20Guide%20for%20Mitel%205000.pdf

Yet I could never, ever enable headset mode.
I tried multiple different firmwares.
I tried with and without the 5425 line interface module (I don't need it, I was thinking it was interfering)
I have searched on google for hours but I can't find the anwser as of why I can't get it to work.
I have called Jabra, the connector is supposed to be compatible and is switched on the right spot. They couldn't help me with the Mitel phone.
I called Mitel but unfortunately, I have no support with them nor their resellers.

I figure that the instruction pdf's I found might be for the 5224 under the MINET firmware.

Please, does anyone know how to enable the headset on a 5224 running a SIP firmware.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:39:10 AM by digitaldomain »

Offline digitaldomain

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5224 on SIP with Jabra GN1200 - RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
I was on the right track when I said the SIP would be totally different from the MINET protocol.

I googled like hell Mitel 5224 SIP guide, SIP Administrator guide, SIP admin guide and finally found it.

I knew it was stupid as hell, I simply got confused with all the other guides and instructions for the same phone.

To enable or disable the headset on the mitel 5224 running under a SIP firmware.

10th button on the right side, when your mitel compatible quick connect is plugged in the proper spot.

Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10