Author Topic: Email Activation for Forums  (Read 1804 times)

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Email Activation for Forums
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »
Hello this is actually my second post on these forums, and user for that mater. It is very hard to register for the forums due to the fact the forum activation email is sent from a domain that does not have a MX record. Most firewalls including msn/hotmail/live, gmail, and my company all block emails from address that do not actually belong to the domain they are sent from. My last user was kennynitch, I registered with some no name email service myway.com and they did not filter out your email and I was finally able to activate my account. I ended up getting the account locked because I changed my email back to my company email so I could get notifications to my real email address and I didn't know it would require me to re-activate the account with an email again.

I am just trying to help out what is a great resource and community by making aware of a possible issue causing others from joining. Let me be clear, the email is not making it to spam or any filtered folder, the firewall is refusing the connection due to no MX record for the senders address.

Thank you for hearing me out. I manage all telecom for the company consisting over 300+ endpoints, 20+ locations, 7+ PBX's, all flavors of Axxess, Inter-tel, and Mitel boxes running on POT, PRI and IP Flex and will be glad to share any experience I have.

Thank you
Kenny

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Email Activation for Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »
Thank you for your patience MrNich.
I'll have the hosting company take a look to see what can be done.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10