Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - manual hunt group forwarding.  (Read 10576 times)

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - manual hunt group forwarding.
« on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
Hello,

I have 2 companies sharing the same mitel 5000, and have 2 distinct hunt groups for their ringing phones.
The customer wants the phones to ring a specific set of phones, but wants the ability to forward that group to an external number when no one is going to be available to answer.  They want a manual button for their 5330 phones, so that if "Dave" is the only guy in the office, he can forward the hunt group to his cell.  but when someone else comes in they can cancel the forwarding on their set.
So what i need is a group call forward button that can appear on multiple sets so others can know when i've forwarded the calls.

Any ideas?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 - manual hunt group forwarding.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
You cannot forward a hunt group directly, but this can be handled with a little trickery in the System Forward Paths, Remote Station Programming, and a Phantom Extension though.

Add a phantom extension and assign it a password, then setup a System Forward Path to the Hunt Group for all calls immediately and assign it to the phantom ext. Change all ring destinations of the hunt group to the Phantom Ext. To change it to ring somewhere else, all you need to do is Remote Station Programming of the phantom extension, which can be done manually (359+Phntm Ext+Password+355+8+destination #) or via a Station Speeddial assigned to a button. Manual Call Forward always overrides System Forward path.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
Create the phantom forwarding as Ace described, but enable it with a DND forward path. Put a DSS key on everyone's phone for that station, and they'll see it flash when it's in DND, indicating the calls are forwarded.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »
Create the phantom forwarding as Ace described, but enable it with a DND forward path. Put a DSS key on everyone's phone for that station, and they'll see it flash when it's in DND, indicating the calls are forwarded.
^^ I approve of this method!! And wish I had thought of it!!  ;D

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
It's funny this issue is so recent, because I'm trying to do the exact same thing...

But I don't understand how to put the phantom in DND?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
It’s not the phantom being put into DND, but the station of the person forwarding calls off-site.

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »
It’s not the phantom being put into DND, but the station of the person forwarding calls off-site.

Yep, and I tried that, but no light...

Everything else works, but changing the DND status doesn't do squat... obviously I'm missing something trivial...

Offline ericmenesses

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 07:38:29 AM »
I need this same setup. I managed to make this work with a system forward and manual forward but I can not get the DND to override the system forward immediate. Any suggestions?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
Ericmenesses, be sure in the system forward list that the DND path is above the immediate path...it searches top-down for a match.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10