Author Topic: Multiple message lights for tech support calls  (Read 9111 times)

Offline MEFMITEL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Multiple message lights for tech support calls
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 with 5320 phones for each employee.  We have three employees who field tech support calls.  The calls go into a support mailbox, and we would like to find a way to have a light blink on each of the three support personnel's phone.  They already have a MWI for their own personal mailbox.  Is there any way to have a key lit on each of those phones, in addition to the light for their personal voicemails, if there are unread messages in the support mailbox?

Thanks very much for suggestions!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple message lights for tech support calls
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
Hello

You can't have individual keys alerting for different mailboxes, you can have multiple phones alerted for messages left in one mailbox if this helps?

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
Multiple message lights for tech support calls
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »
It can't do it natively on the system, but I think you can do it if you have Xarios

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
I can get VMs to show up for other extns/mailboxes than your own extn using Xarios Phone Manager Team Leader, in my screenshot you can see you can retrieve them from any extn.

Not as immediate as a flashing button on your phone though!

@smarbar, is this what you were thinking or can you get Xarios to actually light keys on the phone??

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »
Note: I had trouble clicking the link to the screenshot.  It worked for me if I clicked the icon.

Ralph

Offline MEFMITEL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
Thanks for the comments.  I've suggested to our vendor Xarios, and they are going to get back to me about it.  They also think they have developed a work-around.  I'll post once they try that.

It really is amazing to me that this feature is not standard on the 5000.  Having multiple people responsible for checking a mailbox is not an uncommon situation, nor is it uncommon that people would have two different mailboxes that they would need to be monitoring.  This should be something Mitel fixes, IMHO!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »
You can have a mailbox that notifies multiple users using the Users feature.

You can also have multiple mailboxes notifying the same phone, the only issue is you can't differentiate which mailbox is alerting you.

When I set this up I normally get users to have the same password for the personal and other mailbox, this makes it easier to log in.

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
I can get VMs to show up for other extns/mailboxes than your own extn using Xarios Phone Manager Team Leader, in my screenshot you can see you can retrieve them from any extn.

@smarbar, is this what you were thinking or can you get Xarios to actually light keys on the phone??

No its done on the application server and it lights the light (Screenshot attached), I think you need the dongle based licensing though so will need at least 1 professional user, but not 100% on that.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »

No its done on the application server and it lights the light (Screenshot attached), I think you need the dongle based licensing though so will need at least 1 professional user, but not 100% on that.

Didn't know you could do that with Xarios!

I've done the same thing with the Users option on V5 though, if a message is left on the main extn of a user the MWI light is lit on all of the associated phones, DEKS 1, DESK 2, IP Home etc. Works quite well.

Offline MEFMITEL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »
Just want to update people on the forum.  Our technicians were able to find a way to use phantom extensions and Dynamic extension express to accomplish what we need--multiple phones being able to have a message waiting light both for their own private voicemail box and a shared support box.  I'm not quite sure what they've done, but i will find out the details and post.

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it.

Offline MEFMITEL

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
Just wanted to give some details on what our phone contractor did to help with the VM light issue.  First, they set up a phantom extension for the support mailbox.  (It's not linked directly to a phone.)  They then setup a user with that extension and enabled dynamic extension express.  They setup the three extensions that should have a light flash when there's a message left in the support mailbox ad IP phone 1, IP phone 2 and softphone.  Voila, it works!  Absolutely no idea why this works, it just does.  Hopefully this can help some of you who may run into this same situation.  Mitel should definitely address this limitation--it's pretty standard to have a mailbox that needs to blink on more than one phone.  Having to use a kluge like this is crazy, but at least it can be done.

Thanks to all who commented.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »
You can also have multiple mailboxes notifying the same phone, the only issue is you can't differentiate which mailbox is alerting you.

How do you go about have a mailbox notify multiple extensions without using DEE?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:16 AM »

How do you go about have a mailbox notify multiple extensions without using DEE?
You can't without a third-party utility. Multiple mailboxes to one phone, easy... One mailbox to multiple phones, hard. Voicemail to email is the easy way to go here.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10