Author Topic: Nupoint menu + No answer recall  (Read 6580 times)

Offline cmcternan

• View Profile
Nupoint menu + No answer recall
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
I am a little bit confused by some behavior I am seeing between our Nupoint 4.0 and our 3300 ICP (release 4.2).

We have an inbound number which is directed to a menu via a speed-dial. It is a fairly regular menu, selecting options 1 through 9 will perform a blind transfer to a multi-line appearance group.

It appears that if an option is selected and after the blind transfer there is no answer from the group the No Answer Recall timer kicks in. The call is then routed to the multi-line appearance groups VM account. What is confusing is that none of the multi-line groups have voicemail accounts setup. As such the caller gets prompted with a default Message Center greeting. The routing for all the multi-line groups is normal and should never go to voicemail.

I have figured out a work around (which I can explain later if anyone wants to know), but I am confused as to why the call is getting routed back to voicemail. Since the multi-line group has the default routing it should never go to voicemail. It seems to me as if the multi-line group is inheriting the routing of the original menu extension that was dialed.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this? Or any explanation why this happens. Is it possible to disable the No Answer Recall timer?

Cheers,

Conor

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint menu + No answer recall
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:17 AM »
It sounds like you may want to check the Call Reroute 1st alt of the multiline group just to make sure that you are not routing it to VM. Also, are you getting a specific mailbox when this happens or are you getting a AA?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
Check the no answer recall timer of the AA ports.   
A couple of quick facts here: 
If the number you xfer to has a vm box - and it forwards  or reroutes - the call will go to the mail box.
If the number you xfer to has a vm box - and it recalls - it will go to the auto attendant since there is no forwarding information.

This means that your xfered call will have to be answered by something - a warm body or a RAD - unless going to an ACD group.
So set your no answer recall timer to be longer than the expected answer time.

Always be sure your no answer recall timer is longer than the forward no answer timer or you're going to be scratching your head a lot.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:39:42 PM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »
BTW:  what was your work around?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:39:28 PM by ralph »

Offline cmcternan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
@Mattmayn I was seeing it go to specific VM boxes on the Nupoint i.e. Menu 1000 -> Multicall Group 1001 call rings out and then forwards to VM box for 1001 even though all system routing for 1001 is normal.

@ralph thanks for the clarification, that seems to fit with what I've been observing.

My workaround was pretty straight forward. I set the FCOS for the multicall group mailbox to only include 'call director' and then setup a call flow that performs a blind transfer back to itself.

When a caller is waiting for the call to be answered they hear a slight pause after the No Answer Recall timer kicks in, from the phone agent side we see the phones stop ringing for a couple of seconds before the call is initiated again.

I believe there is a limit to how many times the Nupoint will let me call back before it terminates the call, but if I set the No Answer Recall timer to it's max setting it should be more than enough time for what we want to do.

Thanks for the comments/help

Conor

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
After looking at your work around it's given me an idea for another.
Set up an ACD path that overflows after 1 second to the hunt group.   Then reroute the hunt group back to the ACD group on RNA.  This should create an endless loop, won't bother the Nupoint and the ring back should sound a little less awkward.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:39:16 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10