Author Topic: Netting Mitel 250 to a Toshiba PBX for 4 digit dial  (Read 1151 times)

Offline ChuckB73

• View Profile
Netting Mitel 250 to a Toshiba PBX for 4 digit dial
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:11:13 PM »
We are trying to get a Mitel 250 netted to a Toshiba PBX so that a client can perform 4 digit dialing between sites. Is there any documentation out there or anyone that can help me with this issue? We have the documentation for the Mitel Business but do not think this applies to the 250.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Netting Mitel 250 to a Toshiba PBX for 4 digit dial
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:34:28 PM »
Yeah, good luck with that... But there is a pretty simple way to do it.

The SIP trunk itself should be easy, then put it in a trunk group and send it to a Call Routing Table and this should take care of incoming calls (I can't help with the Toshiba side). For outgoing calls, I find this type of scenario is usually easiest to give them a trunk group button (or a short extension number on the trunk group) and press the key/dial extension and then dial the 4 digit extension of the phone on the other system.

Pretty generic but it's reliable and easy to use. True intercom dialing is very difficult... perhaps a someone who has been successful at this has a better idea.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:27:31 AM »
ChuckB73,

What type of connection are you going to use for this; T-1/E-1, SIP...?

As acejavelin already stated true intercom dialing can be difficult to emulate, but not impossible, and I also do not know the Toshiba product line so I can't help there.

The thing you have to keep in mind is how many resources you have available to you. The MiVO-250 has the 250 on the end for a reason. You can only have 250 phantom/hotdesk/SIP/IP devices programmed on the system; these will be used for the Toshiba programming if you want to emulate intercom dialing. If you don't mind dialing your outgoing digit prior to their extension then those limits can be ignored for the most part as SIP Trunks and T1/E1 limits are different.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jtsmith

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
We have a customer that has a Panasonic system over in Italy and have networked our old Toshiba system we used to have installed to it over the internet using SIP.
Set up like old school E & M, one side was setup as SIP Trunk and the other SIP Station. We recently replaced our Toshiba with an Office 250 and performed the same
setup and now the 250 can dial over to the Panasonic. I've uploaded an old Toshiba doc we just set up the Panasonic as the Cisco referenced in the doc. I don't see
why you couldn't do the same between a Toshiba and a Mitel. You can email me directly with any questions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10