Author Topic: Software Assurance REQUIRED to order additional licenses  (Read 2313 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Software Assurance REQUIRED to order additional licenses
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
When did this go into effect?  Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Software Assurance REQUIRED to order additional licenses
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:29:14 AM »
This was sent to us in December.

•   End-User Reporting Policy: Effective January 1, 2018, Mitel partners must provide end-user information for all orders (through either Mitel’s authorized distributors or Mitel direct).
•   Software Assurance Policy: Effective January 1, 2018, Mitel will require that Software Assurance (SWA) be mandatory on every software order and Partner Support be mandatory on all Connect ONSITE orders. Additionally, if a partner opts not to work on a SWA/Partner Support renewal, Mitel will work directly with the end customer to sign a new direct contract. The Direct SWA option will start in USA, Canada, and UK, with other countries to be announced at a later date.

My boss was not happy.

I didn't read into it though that SWA would be required for a simple CAT D order!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 06:36:38 AM »
I've just asked purchasing to order a single CAT D license, just to see what happens.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:39 AM »
This was sent to us in December.

•   End-User Reporting Policy: Effective January 1, 2018, Mitel partners must provide end-user information for all orders (through either Mitel’s authorized distributors or Mitel direct).
•   Software Assurance Policy: Effective January 1, 2018, Mitel will require that Software Assurance (SWA) be mandatory on every software order and Partner Support be mandatory on all Connect ONSITE orders. Additionally, if a partner opts not to work on a SWA/Partner Support renewal, Mitel will work directly with the end customer to sign a new direct contract. The Direct SWA option will start in USA, Canada, and UK, with other countries to be announced at a later date.

My boss was not happy.

I didn't read into it though that SWA would be required for a simple CAT D order!
Do you have the PB or press release for this info?

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
This is ridiculous.  I could see requiring SWA if implementing an advanced Mitel application- ACD, Call Recording, IVR, etc.  Mitel poaching the dealers' customers is not right.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
The email is titled PARTNERnews - Partner Program - December 2017 Issue

We have just ordered a CAT D without issue though, no end user specified, just went straight into our AMC License Bank.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »
The email is titled PARTNERnews - Partner Program - December 2017 Issue

We have just ordered a CAT D without issue though, no end user specified, just went straight into our AMC License Bank.
Hmm... Don't think I get those, I searched my email for "PARTNERnews" and got no results. Can you copy/paste the article?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Mitel Channel Initiatives 2018
Reference Sheet
Marketing Development Funds (for heritage Mitel and heritage ShoreTel programs)
• January 1, 2018 - MDF final accrual
• June 30, 2018 – MDF final expiry
• April 2018 – new Joint Marketing Fund Program (JMF) begins
JMF is a discretionary program where Mitel awards funds to its partners based on business case for high return-on-investment activities that align with Mitel’s strategic imperatives. The objective of the JMF program is to develop net new business, encourage incremental revenue growth, and grow partner market share. The JMF process is outlined below:
• Partner Business Plan
o Partners will develop a fiscal year business plan together with Mitel
• JMF Plan & Fund Requests
o Mitel Sales and Marketing teams will collectively build JMF plans in adherence to the JMF policy guide
o Based on the plan, JMF Fund Requests will be submitted by Mitel on behalf of the partner
o JMF Fund Requests will be reviewed by a Mitel committee
• JMF Claim
o If Fund Request is approved, partners will submit JMF Claims
• JMF Audit & Payment
o JMF Claims will be audited to ensure they are aligned with the JMF policy guide
o If a Claim is approved, the partner will receive payment
We will be communicating more details of the JMF program in January.
End-User Reporting Policy
Effective January 1, 2018, partners must submit end-user information for all orders placed with a distributor or Mitel direct.
End-user data includes:
• name & address of end users
• name & contact info of key decision makers
Upon receipt and processing of an order, each end customer record will receive a unique reference number to associate partner, end customer, and distributor, as applicable.
Capturing this additional data will improve incentive rebate accuracy and allow for more targeted campaigns with our partners to ultimately generate incremental business and additional value into our shared customer base.
As we progress with our Point of Sale policy, Mitel will be communicating any changes and templates, as applicable to you in advance. Beginning in January 2018, Mitel will work with our distributor partners to progress point of sale collection and reporting.
Software Assurance Policy
Software Assurance Mandatory Order Policy:
Effective January 1, 2018, Mitel will be aligning our configuration tools, order management systems, and distribution fulfillment processes to ensure that Software Assurance is attached to all new software orders. This will be implemented in North America first, with EMEA and APAC to be announced later.
Revised 2018 Software Assurance Renewal Process
Every partner plays a key role in the renewal of Software Assurance contracts. Mitel’s goal is to renew all Software Assurance contracts through the partner who sold the solution originally. However, ServiceSource is also available to work with any customers directly to sign them to a new Software Assurance contract.
The following renewals process will be implemented on January 1, 2018, to ensure all contracts receive a renewal quote.
1. ServiceSource will contact the partner to discuss contracts 90 days prior to renewal
a. If the partner does respond to ServiceSource, they:
i. can work on the renewal themselves or
ii. request help from ServiceSource
2. If the partner does not respond to ServiceSource within 60 days prior to expiration, ServiceSource will contact the end customer to discuss a renewal
3. After 30 days from expiration, ServiceSource will offer the customer two choices:
i. Renew SWA contract using their existing partner ― if current partner is engaged in the renewal or
ii. Purchase a Direct Mitel SWA contract ― if current partner is not engaged in renewal. (This initially will be rolled out to our USA, Canada, and UK markets

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »
jmarcwsp1,

I think that is only a requirement if you order it against a specific ARID, otherwise it would just be against your reseller ID and would go into your license bank.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 03:50:34 PM »
Apparently you can order individual licenses without buying software assurance. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10