Author Topic: Mobile Workers  (Read 805 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mobile Workers
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but hopefully someone will have some ideas!

We're currently using MiVB and MiCollab and we've got 5330 desk phones with hot desking enabled but we want to move away from using fixed locations for staff and allow them to either work at their desk or move anywhere in the building and take their extension with them.  Has anyone got any ideas how we could allow users to work anywhere without losing functionality such as answering, transferring, parking, retrieving, holding calls etc?  We've discussed dect phones but they aren't terribly user friendly.

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mobile Workers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »
This situation sounds tailor made for MiCollab Client Mobile softphone.

Offline Jeremy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »
That's definitely one of the options but we haven't got staff mobiles at the moment which is why I'm looking at other options.  I may have to review the decision to not give staff mobiles!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
Other than Hot Desking, which you are already doing, you could look at something like the Mitel 5624 WiFi phones... We have had good luck with them.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this but hopefully someone will have some ideas!

We're currently using MiVB and MiCollab and we've got 5330 desk phones with hot desking enabled but we want to move away from using fixed locations for staff and allow them to either work at their desk or move anywhere in the building and take their extension with them.  Has anyone got any ideas how we could allow users to work anywhere without losing functionality such as answering, transferring, parking, retrieving, holding calls etc?  We've discussed dect phones but they aren't terribly user friendly.

Thanks!

Disable hotdesk and make sure u have the good mac adress for each user.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10