Author Topic: Skype to Mitel Intergration Question  (Read 3909 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Skype to Mitel Intergration Question
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »
Hello,

I believe it's possible to allow Skype to make phone calls routing through my PBX or using my current SIP circuits to make outbound or inbound calls to a conference number. I am wondering if anyone has done this and how that experience went?

I'm not talking about using the Mitel Plugin for Skype as I have used that but it's not stable enough to roll out to 100's of users. When you create an outlook meeting invite you can make this a Skype Meeting and the user then has an opportunity to click on a link and say call me at x number. This is what I'm trying to get working. I believe the person setting up the meeting could also insert a number into the calendar invite and say call into this number. I understand you have to purchase some licenses and there will be some configuration required.

Thanks,

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Skype to Mitel Intergration Question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:14:28 PM »
I don't think Skype has that functionality.

If your users want a desktop UC client, just give them MiCollab Client, it is a great bit of ready-to-use software and does lots of stuff Skype never will. All Skype will do is suck up lots of your time as you struggle to get it to do something useful.
Even Microsoft are sick of trying to make Skype into an enterprise product and are ditching it.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
I don't think Skype has that functionality.

If your users want a desktop UC client, just give them MiCollab Client, it is a great bit of ready-to-use software and does lots of stuff Skype never will. All Skype will do is suck up lots of your time as you struggle to get it to do something useful.
Even Microsoft are sick of trying to make Skype into an enterprise product and are ditching it.

For me. Bad experience with plugin skype from micollab.
No phone directory.
No stat change (at home. In office. In metting...)
No menu to voicemail (have to call 6000 npm)
No conf call button when you alternate between calls
And others stuff...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »
Are you looking for a softphone? The MiCollab Client softphone will handle all these thinks, not the plug-in to Skype.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
Are you looking for a softphone? The MiCollab Client softphone will handle all these thinks, not the plug-in to Skype.

I know that micollab do all that but my customer has already lync. he doesn t want to change the habits of his users

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 05:26:40 PM »

I know that micollab do all that but my customer has already lync. he doesn t want to change the habits of his users
Unfortunately, the Lync plugin kind of... Umm... Sucks. Sorry. No other option I know of with features, otherwise X-lite or similar client.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »
The MiCollab Client is very intuitive - not much of a learning curve.

And so long as he hasn't installed the useless MiCollab/Lync plugin, then his users can have both on their desktops at the same time and start to learn how to use MiCollab to handle their calls - they'll stop using Lync pretty quickly once they see how more they can do with MiCollab.

So you can tell him MiCoollab is "extra" not in place of Lync.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
The MiCollab Client is very intuitive - not much of a learning curve.

And so long as he hasn't installed the useless MiCollab/Lync plugin, then his users can have both on their desktops at the same time and start to learn how to use MiCollab to handle their calls - they'll stop using Lync pretty quickly once they see how more they can do with MiCollab.

So you can tell him MiCoollab is "extra" not in place of Lync.

But you will have two popup for each call..... Not cool
Anyway my customer prefer lost functionality to change lync...

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »
I don't think you would - people making Skype to Skype calls get the Skype popup.

External calls, calls made using MiCollab, and calls made using the handset get the MiCollab client call window.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
I had this conversation with Mitel and was told that the integration with S4B is a direct SIP integration(SIP Trunk between S4B and Mitel). You are required to have mediation server deployed in your S4B architecture. It is not a fully supported configuration by Mitel, so I think you will be on your own with supporting any issues, but at best you can get calls routed in/out of S4B via the Mitel PBX. My environment currently has a Direct SIP integration with Polycom conference bridging and we are able to route conference calls in/out of the bridge. There were a few roadhumps during implementation, but it seems to be working well once we hashed out all of the issues that cropped up. I have been also in exploration of using Exchange UM as voicemail solution using Direct SIP, if anyone has any feedback on that.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I found an article on MS website talking about Call Via Work but after talking to another person it sound like that's not a stable platform and I should go to the enterprise version. This essentially could replace Mitel down the road if we wanted it to. For now, I was looking for a way to make conference calls using Skype utilizing our existing Mitel Infrastructure. I found a way to do this but will need to setup some further programming.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
I had this conversation with Mitel and was told that the integration with S4B is a direct SIP integration(SIP Trunk between S4B and Mitel). You are required to have mediation server deployed in your S4B architecture.

We're talking about two different scenarios here:

1/ Build a Skype call server, configure a SIP trunk between your Skype call server and your Mitel controller.
--> this allows Skype callers to call numbers that can be routed to the Mitel controller so that Mitel callees can receive the call.
It's basically like having two in-house PABXs trunked to each other with one group of users on each of them.
I've configured a SIP trunk between Mitel and a Skype call server (forgot what it was) and it works fine for routing calls between the two different systems, although the Skype system is fairly functionality-poor.

2/ Using a single voice system - a Mitel controller - allow some/all of your users to use Skype to place calls on the Mitel system by installing the Mitel plugin which adds an additional "dial" option to the Skype drop-down menu action list. This will suit users who don't want access to MiCollab profiles, statuses, calendar integration, replay voice messages, integrated access to AWV, and all the other functionality of the MiCollab Client.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »
VinceWhirlwind,

you are correct in that's the first scenario is what I'm trying to do. I played around with the Plugin and it worked fine for me on Windows 10 but other folks in IT had issues using 7. On top of that if you save an incorrect number you have to clear out all your saved numbers. If there was a work around for this I would release it.

That still wouldn't fix our Skype issue where the business wants to be able to setup conference calls using Skype so in this case I need go with option 1 which is what I'm researching. I have a Mitel Boarder Gateway in place and I'm wondering if it's Skype compatible. anyone know?

thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10