Author Topic: What Class of Service applies to a non-prime line?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline elangeland

• View Profile
What Class of Service applies to a non-prime line?
« on: December 14, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
I have a few extensions that exist only as non-prime lines, often as Multicall lines with keys on several sets. These non-prime lines don't have their own entry under Users and Devices. Now, I have a need to change the Call Forward No Answer timer on one of these; however, I can't figure out what Class of Service applies to them. Is there a default Class of Service (or a set of separate default option settings) that applies to such lines? Can I change those options, or change the default class of service if required?

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: What Class of Service applies to a non-prime line?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
Multicall non-prime line does not use COS, if you want to make a forward on this multi call extension, unsure if you can use call rerouting as this is not a single line but multi call.... needs to try

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
The class of service a non-prime uses is the COS of the first device it appears on.
You can find that by looking in the Multiline Group Assignment form.
Make a note: if you do a data restore, it will restore the DB in numeric order.  This means it may change during an upgrade.

Ralph

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
We no longer do this for our customers due to that fact.

if we want a multicall line for an advertised number , we now create a trusted device as a 5320 with the number on it. That way we can assign a known COS and set its parameters.

if you wanted to do teh same you could locate all the existing appearances and note their ring values then delete them all then create it as a trusted device with a cos and then put back all the appearances.
- you can also set reroutes on the trusted device if required

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10