Author Topic: Plugin skype one way audio  (Read 989 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Plugin skype one way audio
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
Hello guys, I have an issue with oneway audio between my deskphones and my micollab skype plugin. When the deskphone user call the plugin user. The plugin user can hear the deskphone. On the other hand the user of the deskphone does not hear the user of the plugin. Both are in the same network. The plugin has the teleworker box checked

I have micollab in lan mode and mbg in dmz.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Plugin skype one way audio
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:37:22 AM »
Sunspark,

Why would you have Teleworker checked if the users are both on the same LAN?

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
Sunspark,

Why would you have Teleworker checked if the users are both on the same LAN?

Thanks,

TE

Because the user are able to user desktop from outside.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »
sunspark,

That is what Teleworker is for; outside of the network. For it to work inside the network, typically, you would not have Teleworker Mode turned on. For that to happen you would have to have hairpinning setup on your router to route the call back into the network as Teleworker will try to send it out of the network.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »
sunspark,

That is what Teleworker is for; outside of the network. For it to work inside the network, typically, you would not have Teleworker Mode turned on. For that to happen you would have to have hairpinning setup on your router to route the call back into the network as Teleworker will try to send it out of the network.

Thanks,

TE

My external dns resolve mbg. Mycompany.com to public ip address and my internal dns resolve mbg.Mycompany.com to mbg lan ip address. But still the same issue.
I create an extension without teleworker service. And i m able to hear in both sense. But with another user with teleworker service if i unchecked box "use teleworker...."  in micollab client. I have one way audio...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »
sunspark,

I haven't set one up that way before so I am not sure what would happen, but it seems you get one-way audio.

I have used micollab.domain.suffix where the internal record would go to the MiCollab server, and the external record would go to the MBG. So if I would have it in Teleworker Mode the client would try to go to the MBG which would give one-way audio. Once it goes to the MBG it will try to send the audio out its WAN port as that is where it believes the Teleworker device is at. If I have the router setup to take those internal requests and send them back to the MiCollab then it would work; hairpinning. The problem is that not all routers are capable of this type of service and those that are would require a reset to set them up.

Unfortunately, I have not been working on these too long and have only setup less than a handful of these for Teleworker service, but this is how I picture it working in my head; I could be wrong in that assumption.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10