Author Topic: Analog line will not ring if called internally  (Read 1376 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Analog line will not ring if called internally
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
Hello,

I have 12 Analog lines off the back of my Mitel 5000.  It appears ports 1-8 will only ring if called from an external trunk.  9-12 seem to work either way.  For clarification the internal extension is x104 on one of the lines when I call it the line continues to ring but the phone never will.  If the user tries to pickup the line anyhow they pickup and get dial tone and it continues to ring.  If they call me it works fine.  Now if I call the associated DID for that line then the phone rings and can pickup the call.  I am thinking of rebooting the system but figured I'd check for something stupid first.  Currently on Software Release 6.2.2.13 (6.2 GA3).

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Analog line will not ring if called internally
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:07:33 PM »
Update - Rebooted the system to see if that would fix, unfortunately still no good.  Hoping it's an odd setting, fearing it's a bad card!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »
So these are analog extensions off of what? Are they on the main chassis, a SLM modle (in HX chassis), or SLC card in a DEI? What are they connected to? Can you pickup on the extensions and dial internally?

Not trying to be rude here, but are you sure you understand how the extension numbers are mapped to a port? I am asking because 1-8 and 9-12 does not sound like "normal" single line ports numbers, they are typically 2 or 4 on the chassis (depending if CS or HX), and 4 or 8 per card (depending on card type).

There is also programming that can be done for extended ring cadence in some situations.

Have you verified this operation via a butt-set? And for example watched the current calls tab in the MSA&D program to see exactly what the system is doing with the calls?

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:58:55 AM »
Ace,

No worries, this is a part-time gig for me, I normally handle the easy things and call in service for the rest related to the phone system.  These are off the main system, I say 1-8 and 9-12 because there are 12 analog lines off the main system, if memory serves me correctly I believe there is a four-port card that does 8 lines and then we have a second card installed for the additional four lines (not sure if this has the ability for more or not).  I didn't actually go and look at the physical controller last night, it's been a while so my memory could be off a bit.

In regards to verifying the operation while I did not grab out my butt set, I tested 2 analog phones and 2 faxes.  All 4 of them were able to "make" calls internally and externally, however, none of them could receive an incoming call.  I did try two other faxes, as well as most of the lines, are faxes and they did not pick up internally either but I didn't go to those machines.  I caught this issue by sheer luck yesterday I called a few of the departments with faxes to ask if they were having any issues and they were not aware that's what lead me to try to call externally and found that worked.  I also tried to call the extension and then just pick it up anyway and I just got a dial tone when I did that and the other phone continued to ring.

I did not think about looking at the current calls tab, I will try that today and provide an update later.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »
If the fax is house phoned, it will automatically grab a CO line when taken off hook.  This way the 8 does not have to be dialed.

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »
So the issue turned out to be... Under Forwarding Paths there is an option "Fwd Call Type - IC Calls" and it is set to default of "No".  Changed that to "Yes" and now the system works for internal and external calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10