Author Topic: Configure Windows to use ucadialer.exe for callto: and tel: links in browser  (Read 3673 times)

Offline micollab_question

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello,

We would like to use MiCollab to make calls when a formatted phone number link is clicked in the Chrome browser.

I have done some research and used the following .reg file to point callto: and tel: protocols to ucadialer.exe...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\callto]
@="URL:callto"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\tel]
@="URL:tel"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\dialer.callto]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\dialer.callto\Shell]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\dialer.callto\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\dialer.callto\Shell\Open\Command]
@="C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Unified Communicator Advanced 7.2\ucadialer.exe "%1""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Dialer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Dialer\Capabilities]
"ApplicationDescription"="Dialer"
"ApplicationName"="Dialer"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Dialer\Capabilities\URLAssociations]
"callto"="dialer.callto"
"tel"="dialer.callto"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications]
"Dialer"="Software\\Dialer\\Capabilities"

But this still does not work. We have MiCollab Client 7.7.2 on staff machines in our domain.

Any advice on having callto: or tel: links call MiCollab client and place the call through it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why not using click to call?  Right click then dial with micollab. Or  select number then ctrl+f1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Why not using click to call?  Right click then dial with micollab. Or  select number then ctrl+f1

Hello, and thank you...

Click to Call is enabled on my client, but right-clicking does not give me an option to 'dial with Micollab'.

The Hot Key does work, but my director does not want to use hotkeys. They just want to click on tel: links and have them routed to MiCollab.

Curious, is there a reason that I do not have 'right-click' option? Click-to-Call is enabled.

Thank you!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The latest versions of MiCollab have added this ability by default for tel and callto links. I think your version should have this.
In chrome you may have to modify C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default and edit the Preferences file. I think I did this as a test for someone as I can invoke the dialer with tel and callto

You need to find "protocol_handler", I think there are 2 occurances and after the second you can see the format, but I think mine has both "tel":false, and "callto":false,

I did make a bat file that searched this "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes":{"afp":true, and replaced it with "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes":{"afp":true,"tel":false, "callto":false,

Seems chrome it will reorder it alphabetically :-)

This should give some guidance.

• Contributer
    • View Profile
The latest versions of MiCollab have added this ability by default for tel and callto links. I think your version should have this.
In chrome you may have to modify C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default and edit the Preferences file. I think I did this as a test for someone as I can invoke the dialer with tel and callto

You need to find "protocol_handler", I think there are 2 occurances and after the second you can see the format, but I think mine has both "tel":false, and "callto":false,

I did make a bat file that searched this "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes":{"afp":true, and replaced it with "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes":{"afp":true,"tel":false, "callto":false,

Seems chrome it will reorder it alphabetically :-)

This should give some guidance.

Thank you for the suggestions. My Preferences file only has 1 'protocol_handler' instance, and contains nothing more that you mentioned. no afp, excluded_schemes, etc. I guess I am not sure what else to look for in that file.

I am on v 7.2.2, should it should be the latest?

Thank you

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Both my google preferences files have 2 results if searching for protocol_handler, you may try "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes" and what to find

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thought I'd add, Firefix with the Telify extension is what I use for this. Telify marks up anything that looks like a telephone number even if it isn't coded with the tel or callto protocol and lets you dial them

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Both my google preferences files have 2 results if searching for protocol_handler, you may try "protocol_handler":{"excluded_schemes" and what to find

Hi, thanks again...

There is 1 match for procotol_handler, and no match for excluded_schemes.

I will look into the extensions. I didn’t realize I needed anything additional.

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10