Author Topic: how to set up an extension that exists ONLY to forward to an external line  (Read 1031 times)

Offline chris_s

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have a 3300 and I'm trying to set up a mobile user without having to use an IP phone license. I also have a MAS server and MBG, for what it's worth

I'd like to be able to call an extension from my mitel phone (ie 123) and have that forward to a 10 digit external number. I'd also like extension 123 to show up on my MiCollab reception console to make forwarding calls easier for receptionist.

Is this possible? I could create an IP phone, set up call forward always, then just remove the device. But then I'd still need to purchase an IP phone license for it

thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: how to set up an extension that exists ONLY to forward to an external line
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »
Why not just use a System Speed Call? You can add it manually in MiCollab Console...

Otherwise, you could program an unused analog port and forward it, but other than that you will need an User License for any IP device (you can't forward an IP Device Only).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 05:24:53 AM »
It could be a trusted set I believe

Offline chris_s

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
Why not just use a System Speed Call? You can add it manually in MiCollab Console...

this seems to do exactly what I'm looking for!

I've set it up for myself and am going to try it out for a while before I start rolling it out to the users

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10