Author Topic: Micollab and Flow Through  (Read 1499 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Micollab and Flow Through
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Hi All -

Our support setup flow through provisioning awhile back and didn't train any of us on it.  We setup users the normal way, through the 3300.  Fast forward to now and we are being told from our support that we need to delete all phones and re-add all users via the Micollab server if we want them to be able to use Micollab and login to the meeting website.  They sent us a step by step document and it's a pain.  There has got to be a better/easier way.  Please see the attached document and let me know your thoughts, please.  This also doesn't include setting the user up with the computer and phone and setting the user up with the Micollab portal.  Doing the process attached for 450 users could take weeks.  We would also have to delete all users greetings and voicemails while meeting them to re-pin the phone.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  THANK YOU!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Micollab and Flow Through
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »
BobbyMitel,

First of all you need to make sure that your AD and your Mitel are talking and understand which values you are going to use to import your information in.

If that part is working then you just need to verify the users are the same in the MiCollab and the AD Detained Entry Queue. If they are then it will just update the original entry with its AD key and you are off and running. If everything was setup correctly you shouldn't have to delete any of your users and recreate them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:38:57 AM »
BobbyMitel,

First of all you need to make sure that your AD and your Mitel are talking and understand which values you are going to use to import your information in.

If that part is working then you just need to verify the users are the same in the MiCollab and the AD Detained Entry Queue. If they are then it will just update the original entry with its AD key and you are off and running. If everything was setup correctly you shouldn't have to delete any of your users and recreate them.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks, Tech.  Please see the attached screenshot.  It appears that they setup AD attributes but when I look at some of the accounts, it doesn't have all that is listed.  I am also noticing that some users aren't appearing in detained users...not sure why.  Do I have to modify these attributes to make it work?  Maybe there is a guide for this somewhere?

Bobby
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:43:46 AM by BobbyMitel »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 12:29:43 PM »
BobbyMitel,

Most of those are the Default Attributes, which you may or may not be using. If you go to the top and select Edit on Actions you will notice at the bottom if you are using the Default Attributes or Custom Attributes.

You will also see which OU you are searching in; if any specifically. The search context by default is User and Computer I believe and that can be changed to whatever works for you and your AD. The last customer I worked on added a extensionAttribute7 and set it to yes for anyone they wanted brought in to MiCollab and then we just set the Context to be blank so it looked at the entire AD Database; worked great.

As for a guide on how to set it up you can look in the help files, but it depends on how savvy you are with MiCollab and AD on whether it will make a lot of sense to you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »
BobbyMitel,

Here are a couple of documents that I created for myself so I didn't have to look around in the help files for what I was looking for; hopefully it will help you too. I know if you want to do Pass-Through Authentication for logging in to the MiCollab Client etc.. you will want to make sure that your AD and MiCollab have security certificates setup if they don't already. The MiCollab doesn't store your Username and Password it just sends a request to your AD and you want that to be secure.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
BobbyMitel,

Here are a couple of documents that I created for myself so I didn't have to look around in the help files for what I was looking for; hopefully it will help you too. I know if you want to do Pass-Through Authentication for logging in to the MiCollab Client etc.. you will want to make sure that your AD and MiCollab have security certificates setup if they don't already. The MiCollab doesn't store your Username and Password it just sends a request to your AD and you want that to be secure.

Thanks,

TE

TE -  Wow!!  Thanks very much. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
BobbyMitel,

Not a problem. I figured I would put those on there just in case. I am leaving work and won't be back until Tuesday so most likely I won't be on here until then.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10