Author Topic: [3300] How do you forward a call to mobile and have it fall back to voicemail?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline chewie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all, new to the forum and new to administrating the mitel PBX system.

Trying to figure out how to properly allow a call to be forwarded to external mobile (if user not available lets say, or if they manually enable it), but have it fall back to internal voice mail if no-one picks up there?

It almost seems like a class of service option, and perhaps a # of rings, but the documentation is not that clear and I'm having trouble finding the right option(s) to do this.  I'm more used to FreePBX/Asterisk and Cisco CCM, so struggling a little bit.

Did a bunch of searching but not getting much info, so any help is greatly appreciated :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
chewie,

It is called an External Hot Desk User [EHDU] and depending on your licensing you can set it up two ways.

Lately, Mitel has been selling UCC v4 licensing which comes with Multi-Device Users licenses. This will allow you to create a user and associated up to 7 other devices to it via a Multi-Device User Group. On their main phone you would create a personal presence button of their EHDU extension.

If you look under the ? > Task Programming Guide > Programming External Hot Desking that should point you down the correct path. I think the only thing it isn't really clear on is that the EHDU is a separate extension than your Desk Phone. So, basically it is walking you through how to create the EHDU from creating the extension, creating a Class of Service, etc..

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
If you just want to forward it then you need to be sure it goes over either SIP trunks or a PRI.  Won't work over LS trunks.
The timer is the Call Forwarding Timer in the COS of the forwarded device. 

Ralph

Offline chewie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all.

So, just as an update, our vendor states Mitel has a solution called Twinning. I know how to set that up now, HOWEVER it's not how the old system was setup.

On the old system, you'd simply activate call forwarding in the phone settings of the phones (5330 and 5330e) and then when someone called your DID or ext (regardless if an internal or external call origin), it would ring the forwarded line, and then dump back to internal voice mail.  This was with call forwarding all, same as I am trying now (the other call forward options yield the same behavior).

Now, I've been comparing the current CoS to the old system's CoS, settings, etc, and for the life of me, cannot figure out how in the world that would have worked before. Currently, the forwarded line picks up for voicemail, which would make sense since the call would get handed off to them. 

So, let me ask...how would that have been controlled, as the old system wasn't configured with hotdesking what soever.  Twinning is too advanced to roll out right now for folks, so we want to stick to basics.

Seems like it should be a timer, but for the life of me, nothing I've tried works.  Here are the current timer settings though for the CoS for our phone CoS (the ones the users are told by the mitel system to use):

Code: [Select]
Call Forwarding/Rerouting
Call Forward - Delay 0
Call Forward No Answer Timer 22
Call Forward Override No
Call Forwarding (External Destination) Yes
Call Forwarding (Internal Destination) Yes
Call Forwarding Accept Yes
Call Reroute after CFFM to Busy Destination Yes
Call Forwarding Reminder Ring (CFFM and CFIAH only) No
Disable Call Reroute Chaining On Diversion No
Follow Reroute on Disabled Forwarding No
Group Call Forward Follow Me Accept Yes
Group Call Forward Follow Me Allow Yes
Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Accept Yes
Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow Yes
Use Held Party Device for Call Re-routing Yes

Call Hold Timer 180

Ringing
Delay Ring Timer 10
No Answer Recall Timer 30
Ringing Line Select Yes
Ringing Timer 180

On the old system, No Answer Recall timer was set to 125, and call forward no answer timer was set to 13. I tried those settings and it still didn't work.
It's almost like the old system shouldn't have done what it did and the new system 'fixed' it.

It would be nice to know where this all needs to be applied and what needs to be applied as from what I can see it SHOULD work, but doesn't.

Does this need to also be somewhere on the CoS for PRI, and or IP trunks?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
I usually have users complain of the opposite problem - they forward their line and don't like it when voicemails go to the original line instead of the forward destination line.

Having said that, there is nothing the internal system can do to recall the call if the destination has already picked it up (and sent it to its own voicemail).

As an aside, twinning can be pretty easy: create a Multi Device User Entry for your extension, eg, 1111. Add 1111 to the MDUG, then add 1*111. You will have to create 1*111 as a device, with EHDU ticked and put the mobile number into it.
Then give the user with 1111 a new key on their phone, of type, "Personal Group Presence" and tell them to toggle it on or off to activate twinning.

Offline chewie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
It's funny because we had a Mitel Engineer on the phone for like 2 hours today looking at it.
It should be working but isn't and the engineer is now trying to replicate it in his own lab to troubleshoot.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10