Author Topic: Obtaining Log Packages  (Read 1095 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Obtaining Log Packages
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
What is a good way to get Log Packages (from MA&D) for a potential "A112 Alarm"? We're thinking it may be related to software errors versus call volume as described in the manual. (See Picture - Snippet from the manual)

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:28:11 PM by irongladiator »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Obtaining Log Packages
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:48:03 PM »
I have seen this a lot... best to open a ticket with Mitel and get online diagnostic reporting turned on.

TBH, the majority of the time this was related to call volume, the few times it wasn't a simple software upgrade fixed it.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »
I have seen this a lot... best to open a ticket with Mitel and get online diagnostic reporting turned on.

TBH, the majority of the time this was related to call volume, the few times it wasn't a simple software upgrade fixed it.

Hi acejavelin,
Thanks for the reply! I kinda assumed this maybe the case, regarding the call volume. Is your recommendation a reboot/power cycle? (As well as clearing the alarm(s)?)

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »
I just ran into a 112 alarm last week. Never saw one before, needed to look it up.

There was a network issue involving several carriers, apparently caused by a truck hitting a pole outside the Central Office. The end result was the phone system getting slammed with errors on both the SIP trunks and the voice VLAN, which are provided by different carriers.

Alarm 112 popped up, and came back after being cleared twice. Call volume was very low at the time. We checked with Mitel, they thought it was probably due to all the network errors. They suggested rebooting the system, which I did after hours.

I was concerned that the system would reboot on its own, but it didn't. It's been good for eight days now.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 06:48:25 PM »

Hi acejavelin,
Thanks for the reply! I kinda assumed this maybe the case, regarding the call volume. Is your recommendation a reboot/power cycle? (As well as clearing the alarm(s)?)

Thanks,
-Iron
I would reboot it... If it doesn't recur, write it off as a fluke, if the error returns I would open a ticket with Mitel.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »
DND ON,
Thanks for the update!

acejavelin,
Good to know. Yeah I have set the customer on the course of getting it rebooted after hours, that was a few days ago. He said he'd get back to me if he ran into any issues. No news is good new, yeah? ;-)

Thanks again guys!

-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10