Author Topic: Can't change secondary element?  (Read 1282 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Can't change secondary element?
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
Hi folks. There's probably something obvious I'm missing here. When I attempt to change the secondary element of a phone, I get "Current software version does not allow changing a secondary element. Secondary element can only be changed to 'Not Assigned'."

Why is that? And how can I correct that? Do I need to actually blow the phone out and rebuild it? (this would be a PITA for sure.)

Just a little background - we have a cluster of 5 controllers, but only two of these are actually connected to PRIs. The others basically just act as overpriced ATAs for paging and 911. Several of our phones have been originally configured to failover to one of these "non-useful" controllers, so I would like to change them so they actually fail over to a controller that they can use...

TIA,
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Can't change secondary element?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:32:35 AM »
You have to change the secondary element to None, save it and let it populate through SDS, then change it to the new secondary element. To my knowledge this is the way it has always been until now. I think the message you are getting just isn't clear and implies that a different version of software would allow it to occur.

Offline dg

• View Profile
Re: Can't change secondary element?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »
Thanks. I suppose that makes sense. You're right, the message itself seems to imply you can't change it from one to another at all, only to 'none.'
That is certainly easier than having to rebuild the phones from scratch.
I'll try it.

Thanks,
-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10