Author Topic: MiCollab with Active Directory (LDAP)  (Read 2343 times)

Offline august

• View Profile
MiCollab with Active Directory (LDAP)
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:16:16 PM »
I have a customer who want to synk LDAP with MiCollab to manage the MiCollab username and password with AD.  He already have the user configure in both (AD and MiCollab).  Is there a way to link the existing Active Directory users with the User in MiCollab?  I'm able to create new user with a synk, but I have an error when the user already exist in both.

There should be a way to do it that I have not see in the doc...

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab with Active Directory (LDAP)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
August,

As long as the information is the same there shouldn't be an issue with the MiCollab and AD databases. I just did this yesterday and the only ones that didn't want to perform an update were the ones that I had a different name, ie it was spelled wrong.

Keep in mind that the main pieces of information that it looks at is the first and last name, login ID, and Primary extension. The remainder of the information doesn't matter except that it will change it according to how AD has it within its directory.

Also don't forget to make sure that all of the profiles that you want to manage with AD have the Manage with IDS box checked within the MiCollab.

Thanks,

TE

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab with Active Directory (LDAP)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »
The problem was the login name who was different in MiCollab and AD.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10