Author Topic: DID Analog SIP Device Setup  (Read 1306 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
DID Analog SIP Device Setup
« on: October 25, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
Hello All -

I hopefully have a quick fix here...

We have a DID that was in Analog Sets and has physically moved to another location.  The new location does not have a controller so our support setup an AudioCodes SIP device.  Outbound calls work fine EXCEPT for toll free.  When the call goes out, the caller ID shoes as XXX-YYYYY  XXX-Area Code  YYYY- Extension/DID.  Our support is taking forever to fix this and it's our CEO's conference line.... so urgent.  Do we need to have any changes done to modify the caller ID?  They tried messing with the CPN form and a few other things but they cannot figure out why the caller ID still shows XXX-YYYY.  Do they need to modify anything with where the DID is attached to a particular trunk?  Very frustrating.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DID Analog SIP Device Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:24:41 PM »
Is it showing that Caller ID on every call or only toll free?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:33:55 AM »
Did they try the associated number form (depending on software level?)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »

Morning All -  Update...  My coworker insisted that the AudioCodes SIP device was the cause but our support AND Mitel said no.  After 5 hours!! of Mitel working on it, he set the "Allowed" field to "Restricted" under VoIP - GW and IP to IP - Analog Gateway - Caller Display Info....  That field was blank but the XXX-YYYY went away and it's now giving us a 7 digit random number that allows all outbound Toll Free calls.  Mitel still doesn't know how to properly set this caller ID.  We called our carrier and they told us that the number appearing in the ID is a generic number for our company that displays when there is no caller ID coming from our PBX. 

Thanks for your help... Should we try the Associate Number form?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
BobbyMitel,

I am no 3300 guru, but it seems to me that all you need to have them do is go into Users and Services Configuration and under that SIP device on the Service Details tab set their DID number in there and then check the box to use their DID for Outgoing calls and that should fix that problem.

The Associated Directory Numbers form is if the DID doesn't go directly to that device, but you want it to show that DID when making outbound calls; either way should work fine.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »

Morning All -  Update...  My coworker insisted that the AudioCodes SIP device was the cause but our support AND Mitel said no.  After 5 hours!! of Mitel working on it, he set the "Allowed" field to "Restricted" under VoIP - GW and IP to IP - Analog Gateway - Caller Display Info....  That field was blank but the XXX-YYYY went away and it's now giving us a 7 digit random number that allows all outbound Toll Free calls.  Mitel still doesn't know how to properly set this caller ID.  We called our carrier and they told us that the number appearing in the ID is a generic number for our company that displays when there is no caller ID coming from our PBX. 

Thanks for your help... Should we try the Associate Number form?

Tried the Associated Number form to test before business hours but I get an error "The directory number cannot accept an associated number."  I deleted any instance of CPN Sub form, SIP peer profile and DID range for CPN sub and tried again, same error.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »
BobbyMitel,

I am no 3300 guru, but it seems to me that all you need to have them do is go into Users and Services Configuration and under that SIP device on the Service Details tab set their DID number in there and then check the box to use their DID for Outgoing calls and that should fix that problem.

The Associated Directory Numbers form is if the DID doesn't go directly to that device, but you want it to show that DID when making outbound calls; either way should work fine.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks for the reply.  This number is not in the users and services config.  Previously it was only listed in the Analog Sets form and used a CPN.  Support made changes and it makes me think they didn't complete all the steps needed to set this up properly.  I did see that a directory number is required for Associated Numbers form... Is this the way I should handle it?  Any other way to do this without "wasting" a license?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
BobbyMitel,

The number should be in Users and Services as it requires it to be setup as a Generic SIP Phone and it will require either an IP User license or Single Line license depending on your software version; the latest version of software allows you to use a Single Line license instead of a Full IP User License.

Once you see it in the Users and Services you can apply the DID within there and it will create the Associated Directory Number entry for you if you select the box to use DID for Outgoing calls.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
BobbyMitel,

The number should be in Users and Services as it requires it to be setup as a Generic SIP Phone and it will require either an IP User license or Single Line license depending on your software version; the latest version of software allows you to use a Single Line license instead of a Full IP User License.

Once you see it in the Users and Services you can apply the DID within there and it will create the Associated Directory Number entry for you if you select the box to use DID for Outgoing calls.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10