Author Topic: Removing an IP Console, and using a PKM module instead on a handset  (Read 1265 times)

Offline luke1991

• View Profile
Hi,

We are a medium sized school with about 40 handsets in offices. We also have a Windows XP machine running the 5550 IP console software as the switchboard.

The switchboard operators, and myself want to remove this IP console, and just use a Mitel 5330 IP Phone with a 48 Key PKM module attached.

What is the correct way to do this on a Mitel 3300, and to assign the 0 operator extension to the handset?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Removing an IP Console, and using a PKM module instead on a handset
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
Make zero a system speed call to the extension is common.

How is zero defined now, as an LDN key?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 07:12:39 PM »
Noo 0 as a system speed call breaks direct inward dialling service (as all ddi numbers start with 0). This was supposedly fixed in later version of 7 and was told to set up 0 as a hunt group and the reroute always to another device / group as a work around

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »
Might use a 5340, but I would set up a hunt or ring group of phantoms for inbound lines. It depends upon call volume. Maybe another with a couple for dial 0

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 11:20:33 PM »
Noo 0 as a system speed call breaks direct inward dialling service (as all ddi numbers start with 0). This was supposedly fixed in later version of 7 and was told to set up 0 as a hunt group and the reroute always to another device / group as a work around
Fair enough... But the beauty of the 3300 is that there is often many ways to accomplish a task, and sometimes one way is not better than another.

This could be done with a hunt group, a ACD Path, Ring Group, extension, or probably a few other ways... as long as it accomplished the task you need, the method isn't really important (although, if you have done some thing similar a certain way, consistency is often nice).

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:31:49 AM »
How many digits being delivered for DDI? Do absorb/insert any digits? Or are the extensions mapped directley to the DDI digits being received? Or maybe use a speed call if they are disparate?

Can you not get your provider to change that for you and absorb the extra in the trunk settings which should solve your 0 breaking your DDI service (I think).

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
SIP trunks we always absorb 0 and use the full 11 digits in DID service form, just makes it easier to track all the numbers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10