Author Topic: RAD & Hold Music  (Read 2007 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
RAD & Hold Music
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »
Hello,

I have an ACD path with 3 seconds before playing the first RAD then 15 seconds for second. When it's in between the 1st and 2nd RAD you get our hold music which is what I want.

The business wanted delay the first RAD for 45 seconds then play RAD 2 45 seconds later. When I made my changes and tested. I received constant ringing for 45 seconds before the first RAD then ringing after. the hold music never played. Is it possible for a call to come in hear on hold music for 45 seconds then RAD 1 then back to hold music before RAD 2?

Currently, I set the first RAD to play after 3 seconds and set RAD 2 45 seconds later. This allows music on hold to play. I suspect that I need the first RAD to pickup otherwise the system doesn't know the call is on hold.

thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: RAD & Hold Music
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
That's correct.  The 1st RAD has to answer and play before MOH can be heard.

Think about the caller experience:  You call in and all you hear is ringing for 45 seconds.  You'll wonder if anyone is ever going to answer.   If the system did play MOH without ringing the caller wouldn't know what the heck is going on.

what I normally do is set the 1st RAD to answer after 15 seconds.  That gives the agent 4 rings to answer.  Then I repeat the 2nd RAD every 90 seconds.  As a caller, any faster than 90 seconds drives me insane.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
Ralph,

Thanks for answering.

I agree about hearing a few rings when you first come in. However, we use the embedded vm system so when you first call in and you know which dept. you want to be transferred to you hit 1. 1 is just another voicemail box setup to be transferred only so when the caller hits 1 the system says you are being transferred to "name of dept". The manager is of the opinion they shouldn't hear any more ringing just hold music until the first RAD. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:29:04 PM »
The only thing I can think of is faking it by having the first RAD say something like "One moment while we transfer your call".

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 08:07:02 PM »
First rad could play double ring then MOH

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
Set 1st rad to play 1 sec of silence

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I was able to change the manager's mind and were now going with Ralph's suggestion in terms of timing.

The only issue I need to resolve now is when you call into the 800 number and press 1 to get transferred which is just a mailbox set to transfer only to ext 6000. When the call gets transferred the system say's you are being transferred to and you hear the name of the mailbox "Contact Center" soon as the system does this you hear are on hold music for a few split seconds before it starts ringing the 15 seconds before RAD 1. I'm not sure where that on hold music comes from? Sounds kind of weird hearing on hold music for just a second or two before it starts to ring.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
You could try using an ACD path with interflow and a dialling list to emulate an AA menu.

You essentially create a dummy ACD path (with a dummy agent group that queues when no agents logged on)
Set a RAD for your greeting and have it play after 1 sec.
Set your dialling list to allow calls to be transferred to their destination, this eliminated the 'transferring to ...' announcements and split second of MOH.

You also have the advantage of sending the call somewhere if no one answers with repeating the menu (using interflow answering point)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
You could try using an ACD path with interflow and a dialling list to emulate an AA menu.

You essentially create a dummy ACD path (with a dummy agent group that queues when no agents logged on)
Set your dialling list to allow calls to be transferred to their destination, this eliminated the 'transferring to ...' announcements and split second of MOH.

You also have the advantage of sending the call somewhere if no one answers with repeating the menu (using interflow answering point)

Sarond ,

I have 400 users : so i have to create an Acd for each user in this case .

I think also i will need Acd Agent licence .

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »

Sarond ,

Hi sunspark,

Was this in reference to your other thread??
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=10327.0

I'm not recommending ACD for that problem. 400 users is definitely not feasible with ACD.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »

Sarond ,

Hi sunspark,

Was this in reference to your other thread??
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=10327.0

I'm not recommending ACD for that problem. 400 users is definitely not feasible with ACD.

sorry it's the tiredness of Friday night :-) I confused the forums

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10