Author Topic: Key template  (Read 3364 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Key template
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »
Hi ,

I have to use user Template  on Micollab associete with key Template on controllers . In this key Template i have two Personal keys" The first for Deskphone( 1234) The second for soft phone ( extension 1*234)
The issue : For Deskphone i checked "Use Prime DN" but for softphone i don't know how to put the second extension. If i checked "Use Prime DN" i have a duplicate keys error in Micollab. And if its blank i can't apply the template.

Any idea ?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Key template
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
Why?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »
Mitel support said: we will not be abled to create personal presence key for 3 extesions ( desk phone - soft phone - mobile?)

In the template keys we can only cheked prime Dn

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
Are they Multi Device?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »
Sunspark,

What if you set the softphone's personal presence to a static value or just have the key labeled and setup the Personal Presence later? You would still need to go in and change it to something else regardless of what you put in there. I am kind of confused as to why you would have one of the desk phone though, but I guess it would send all calls directly to VM if both were off.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
Sunspark,

What if you set the softphone's personal presence to a static value or just have the key labeled and setup the Personal Presence later? You would still need to go in and change it to something else regardless of what you put in there. I am kind of confused as to why you would have one of the desk phone though, but I guess it would send all calls directly to VM if both were off.

Thanks,

TE

Hi tech electronics ,

I have to deploy 800 users.

each user will have 3 extensions

Example :

1234 for deskphone
1*234 for softphone (pluging skype)
12*34 for Mobile ( EHDU )

when the user is in his office, he doesn't wish to ring the three extensions but only the deskphone and the softphone (so he must deactivate the mobile extension 12*34 with the personal presence key). then when he is moving, he wants to receive calls on his mobile for example (so he must disable the deskphone and softphone) ....

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:46:44 PM »
I know it's a pain but in situations like this I will normally export the keys and then filter/modify with excel and then re-import.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »
I know it's a pain but in situations like this I will normally export the keys and then filter/modify with excel and then re-import.

I opened a design modification request at mitel hoping for an improvement in future releases.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 06:53:26 PM »
I opened a design modification request at mitel hoping for an improvement in future releases.

I think it's definitely something they should consider.
What you're asking is not going to be uncommon.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »

I think it's definitely something they should consider.
What you're asking is not going to be uncommon.

as they have already developed the box 'Prime DN' they just have to copy-paste the code for "second DN" and "third DN" :-))))))

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 06:15:43 AM »
I think exporting keys and multi device user group forms would be what I'd do. If all sets the same you could modify the MDUG form member number to be the key position from 1, 2, 3 to say 5. 6. 7 this would get you 3 of the key columns. I would then program these on the first set and export the single key. I think you could then cut and paste, copy cell valiues to create un upkoad.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »
Sunspark,

Quote from: Sunspark
when the user is in his office, he doesn't wish to ring the three extensions but only the deskphone and the softphone (so he must deactivate the mobile extension 12*34 with the personal presence key). then when he is moving, he wants to receive calls on his mobile for example (so he must disable the deskphone and softphone) ....

I just put on the EHDU personal presence because it doesn't matter if their desk phone and softphone ring as they are not near them anyway. This only takes one key for personal presence and then another for handoff. I guess I could see one for the softphone as well if they didn't want both to ring while at their desk, but never for the desk phone unless they were using it like a DND function. This is just my opinion and I don't see either way as right nor wrong I guess; its just the way I see it working.

If you do it that way you could just setup the one personal presence using the Use Prime DN and then go it and change just that key to the xx*xx format you use after you created the phone. The only problem I can foresee happening is that a user would press the personal presence key while it is set for the phone and put the desk phone in absent prior to you changing the key over.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »
If they have the MiCollab Client would it not be easier to setup status' for it.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:48 AM »
With Micollab Client you can mange States as you want . when you change the state in Micollab it changes the presonal presence key on deskphone.

this is antoher issue : ( my Customer have only plugin Skype , how can i manage stat in this case ? With Lync you can manage only two stat :

Idle - or do not disturb.

What my Customer want is a kind of personal presence like with Micollab client.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
Could they use the web client?

https://micollab.fqdn/ucs/micollab

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10