Author Topic: Please help! Calls sporadically not going through to voicemail.  (Read 2307 times)

Offline TheresNoMiTelling

• View Profile
Please help! Calls sporadically not going through to voicemail.
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »
Users are saying that sometimes clients call and their phones just ring endlessly, voicemail doesn’t connect. The issue is sporadic in nature, no discernible pattern at all. Some also claim when they press the Message softkey on their IP phones (models vary, some 5220s and 5320s) they're connected to a mailbox that doesn't belong to them. We've engaged a third party vendor to help us with this but they're swamped, no resolution or even response in sight. I've done as much troubleshooting as I have the knowledge to do. Any pointers, suggestions, comments are warmly welcomed and appreciated!

We have 3 remote Mitel 3300 controllers, all running the same version of everything. Environment is set up as follows:
1 PRI trunk
Mitel MiVoice Business, Release level: 7.2 SP1 PR1
Nupoint, Mitel Unified Messaging, Build: 18.2.0.13.01
MiCollab version 7.2.0.26
Extensions are 4 digits, hotdesking enabled.

I checked Call Forwarding Profiles, they’re set up for each user as follows:
  • Always: OFF
  • Busy Internal: ON, going to public voicemail number 6000
  • Busy External: ON, going to public voicemail number 6000
  • No Answer Int: ON, going to public voicemail number 6000
  • No Answer Ext: ON, going to public voicemail number 6000

I ran locate feature extension in the maintenance commands window to verify that my users haven’t turn on call forwarding or done anything else, everything was as expected.

CoS is set up as follows:

Thank you!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Please help! Calls sporadically not going through to voicemail.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »
I don't think you want call forwarding, you want Call Rerouting First Alternative.

You will need to set up a Call Rerouting First Alternative number as all "THIS" to Directory Number 6000. I suggest using Number 2 to start since 1 will be every numbers' default and could lead to unintended consequences.

Then in Call Rerouting, for all users who have voicemail, change their Call Rerouting - 1st Alt. to "2"

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »
Hiya ZuluAlpha, thank you for your suggestion!

I forgot to mention that was already done:

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »
Stop and start nupoint server

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »
Start by being sure that all your VM ports are in the VM hunt group.

Next be sure that all your VM ports aren't busy when the calls RNA.  It could be that all the ports are in use and the caller has no where to go.  Calls don't queue to the VM hunt group so if all ports are busy when the fwd timer expires the system does not attempt to reroute it again.

Then with the phones that go to the wrong mailbox when pressing the msg key, check the phone to see if it has keys programmed on it that are in a hunt group.  This is normally something like a department number with a few lines on it.  If there are, then turn off the msg waiting in the NuPoint for the hunt group pilot number. 
Also check to see if there are other non-prime keys programmed on the phone and see if they have mailboxes.

Ralph

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
Thank you so much for your insight, Ralph. I successfully verified that all of the voicemail ports are in the hunt group and I'm monitoring the status of our voicemail ports to ensure they're not all busy at the same time. We have 10 voicemail ports in total, and thus far it looks like only 4 have ever been in use simultaneously. Do you have anything else I could check? Any call logs, records, reports that would tell the story of why people's phones ring without hitting voicemail?

You were indeed correct, there are keys programmed that are in a hunt group for users whose voicemail softkey occasionally connects them to a different mailbox. However, the hunt group is for all of the lines reception uses. If I turn off msg waiting in Nupoint for the pilot number, will I prevent that location's receptionist from seeing when there's new voicemail? 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:19:22 PM »
Have you dialed each port individually to verify they answer?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 05:22:42 PM »
Hi johnp, thank you for your contribution to my thread!

I just dialed each voicemail port individually and successfully verified that all of them do indeed answer. :)

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
Is it happening for all extensions?  This is what I would do. Create new extension....set up call rerouting always for that extension...can you get it to fail?  Also try call forwarding busy no answer to 6000 via  the phone...this overrides the system settings...can you get it to fail.  Make sure all vm ports have correct class and same of service setting... lastly upgrade to 8.0

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 07:33:26 AM »
You were indeed correct, there are keys programmed that are in a hunt group for users whose voicemail softkey occasionally connects them to a different mailbox. However, the hunt group is for all of the lines reception uses. If I turn off msg waiting in Nupoint for the pilot number, will I prevent that location's receptionist from seeing when there's new voicemail? 

If you need to see msg wtg then you don't want to turn it off in the NuPoint.
There are a couple of ways to control where the msg msg light lights up.
1) You can't have a msg wtg key for a hunt group.  But you can for a button.  So what I do is program the first member of the hunt group as the DID number then forward on a busy to a hunt group that has all the rest of the keys on it.  Then put a msg button for the DID on whatever phones need to see it.

2) You'll have to ping the NuPoint techs on this but there is a way to have the Nupoint light a different extension when a msg comes it.  Hopefully one of the NuPoint techs can chime in how to do that.

Ralph

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
On our system with NuPoint we put a Message Waiting Indicator softkey on phones that need access to mailboxes other than their DN. The softkey doubles as notification and one-button press to the mailbox in question.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10