Author Topic: Comparison of 250 vs the Business 3300 system?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline escinchicago

• View Profile
Comparison of 250 vs the Business 3300 system?
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
I hope this is the right forum.   We're looking at a Mitel system for a company of about 100 people with no call center (and few other advanced needs).   This points towards getting the 250.   

...but in researching this I'd like to know what the shortcomings of the 250 are (vs the 3300 series).    I doubt it will change my mind but I've been googling & reading this forum for a while and haven't found a good comparison.     Is there a link someone can point me towards (or just a quick pro/con list of the 250 vs 3300)?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Comparison of 250 vs the Business 3300 system?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
I hope this is the right forum.   We're looking at a Mitel system for a company of about 100 people with no call center (and few other advanced needs).   This points towards getting the 250.   

...but in researching this I'd like to know what the shortcomings of the 250 are (vs the 3300 series).    I doubt it will change my mind but I've been googling & reading this forum for a while and haven't found a good comparison.     Is there a link someone can point me towards (or just a quick pro/con list of the 250 vs 3300)?

Thanks in advance!
Eric
The 250 does not have resiliency or the capacity of a 3300, but it has the voicemail system that most systems only dream of and it's embedded in the controller. Built in conference server

The 3300 has a HORRID embedded voicemail system, it is nearly worthless, but if you add a MiCollab Server it is amazing.

The 3300 can be virtualized in a VM Ware environment, thus you would not have any physical proprietary hardware, the 5000 cannot be virtualized.

Those are just a few quick things that come to mind... with a 100 users and no other information it is a no brainer. But you are not telling us any information that would sway it one way or another. Both systems support your requirements, "100 people and no call center and few other advanced needs", so without more qualifying information it is almost impossible to make a recommendation.

And don't get me wrong, the 3300 is a great system... I have been working on them since they were in beta.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »
Licensing requirements are different between the systems. The 250 has features that are licensed system-wide, where the 3300 requires a license for each user.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
Licensing requirements are different between the systems. The 250 has features that are licensed system-wide, where the 3300 requires a license for each user.
More the 3300 requires licensing of independent features per user, the 250/5000 uses a license per phone that encompasses all features for that user.

Although with MiVB UCC licensing (if you have a MiCollab system), this is becoming less of a difference.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »
I wish the MiVO-250 had true predictive overflow for its hunt groups.

I would also like to see the ability to put a MWI on a button for a disassociated MBX on the 250.

Other than that there isn't anything the 3300 can do as far as features that I can't either emulate or beat with the MiVO-250.

One of the big things that the 250 does natively is routing either by incoming digits or caller ID. The 3300 can only route based on incoming digits and its doesn't have NAT capabilities either so it needs the MBG for that functionality and security.

The 250 also has a much better voice processor than either the native voice processor of the 3300 or the NuPoint; imho.

The limitation on the 250 is also something I don't care for since Mitel took it over and now only allows it to have 250 devices per node. I remember back in the day having 1000 devices on an Axxess; which is the same software design as the 250!!!

And for those that are older "Telco techs" the 3300 is a PBX where the 250 is a hybrid KSU.

Thanks,

TE

Offline escinchicago

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Thanks everyone.   It sounds like (for our basic needs) I'm not going to miss out on anything with the 250.    Virtualization/capacity/resilience aren't crucial for us and I'm always a fan of licensing simplicity.   Having a good standard voicemail without having to add a MiCollab server is great.

(fyi we're replacing a basic old Nortel system so even the standard features of the 250 are going to fulfill a lot of user wish lists)

Thanks again,
Eric

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
escinchicago,

If you have the money in the budget I would suggest getting the Phone Manager server as it brings a lot to the table as far as features as well as functionality.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 10:42:38 PM »
The voicemail of a Mitel is 250 is second to none IMO.  Nupoint VM is very good also but embedded 3300 VM is pretty bad however I have gotten pretty good at making it jump through hoops.  The biggest limitation 250 is scalability and resiliency and I do wish you could put a MWI on a key and have a release X key...why no release on 250?Also on Mitel 3300 you license by user ...250 you license by type of phone.  They are both extremely sound systems. The 250 having Digital makes it the most quoted for me.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10