Author Topic: VLAn Tag for Teleworker phones  (Read 1858 times)

Frontline

VLAn Tag for Teleworker phones
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
Will a phone configured as a Teleworker keep it's VLAN tag information?

Here's the scenario:

Site has several phones configured as hot desk ACD agents. These phones are in Teleworker mode. They are in Teleworker only so audio can pass throug the MBG, (on the MiCollab server), for call recording. They are on the same local network as the MCD and the MBG and are directed to the LAN IP of the MBG

All of this is working correctly bu what we discovered was that any of the phones in Teleworker mode are getting an IP address from the data VLAN, not the voice VLAN. If the same phone is taken out of Teleworker mode, it get the correct VLAN tag is pulls an address from the voice network. The MCD is the DHCP server on the voice network.

I can statically assign the VLAN ID in a Teleworker phone and it will get an address from the correct network.

So my question is will a phone using Teleworker receive/maintain it's VLAN info ?

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: VLAn Tag for Teleworker phones
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
Are all of the phones in teleworker?  If yes:

Don't put the phone in teleworker mode.  In the DHCP option, set the call server and the ftp server with the ip address of the MiCollab. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:48:46 PM »
They are on the same local network as the MCD and the MBG and are directed to the LAN IP of the MBG

This appears not correct as you say they are getting data vlan info. Think the previous comment should be "if no"

I would statically set the vlan and server values, and let dhcp do the rest as it would for an unrecorded phone

Frontline

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:30:29 AM »
Only hot desk ACD agents are in Teleworker mode. Standard users are not and they have no issue getting the correct VLAN ID and an address on the voice network

I will likely statically assign the VLAN ID for the Teleworker sets, it just seems odd that this should be necessary

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »
something fishy here.

I have a similar setup in my lab. Phones are TW to route via MBG for recording. They pickup VLAN no problem
Slightly different setup though since my phones and TW are not in the same subnet but I'd be surprised if that makes a difference.

What are you using for VLAN info - DHCP or LLDP/CDP. If DHCP, who/what is your DHCP server?

Frontline

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »
Using DHCP for VLAN info. When the phone initially broadcasts for DHCP it hits the data network DHCP server which, (when NOT in Teleworker mode), assigns the correct VLAN. Phone then broadcasts again on correct VLAN and receives IP address from the MCD. When a phone is in Teleworker mode it never receive it's VLAN info and is handed an IP from the data VLAN. Not sure why this would be or if we are missing something.

Anyway - system has been cutover for a couple of weeks. All ACD agent phones were statically assigned their VLAN and all is working

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »
Would need to enable LLDP-MED on the network switches (if your network switches support LLDP-MED).  This would automatically put the phones in the voice VLAN

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10