Author Topic: MiVoice for Skype  (Read 1035 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
MiVoice for Skype
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
Hello,

I've recently added Skype along with the Mitel plugin. I'm wondering if about a few things.

1. When you search for a co-worker in Skype you can right click their name and make a voice call. First though it asks if the number is correct and I have to add a digit so it works. Is there a way to auto populate this digit so that when we go live nobody has to enter a number? I understand if it asks the first time and you have to save it but I don't want folks to manually enter in hundreds of numbers.

2. On the actual plugin it says search for a name, phone number but when I put in a known contacts name it returns unknown failure synchronizing the address book

how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: MiVoice for Skype
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
We work around the requirement to add the digit by populating it on the MiCollab server, in MiCollab Client service configuratoin for the PBX NODE. My feeling on this application: It is free and it is not the best. It works, but it is not super intuitive. Make a mistake on saving a number and you have to clear the entire list of saved numbers and start again. There is a way to find the mistake in the text files in order to delete it, but that is kind of a pain to do. Yes I have had users make a mistake when saving numbers and support tickets were raised. I spoke to Mitel and suggested they add the ability to browse this text file as a personal contact type of thing, so the user can correct their own without deleting all of the entries...but it is a free app, so you can imagine how seriously they took my request. We also noticed the app adding extra outgoing digits when calling from call history. Good luck and please share your experiences with this app. I have it deployed to about 40 people at this time...I have 1000 more to roll out to, but I am hesitant for two reasons; one are these quirky behaviors and the second is the inability to package this in SCCM. We have tried to package it several times, and it doesn't package well. If anyone has accomplished this, please share!! Thanks

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: MiVoice for Skype
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

I've already seen enough issues that make my very reluctant to roll this out as well. I could imagine the amount of tickets 1000 uses would generate with this app.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10