Author Topic: Database Restore Method  (Read 1969 times)

Offline onehotspud

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Database Restore Method
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:40 PM »
I'm having trouble restoring a configured database to a defaulted system. I have had trouble with this in the past and the solution has been deleting the 1000 and two SL devices or uploading the license. But I have verified that both of these have been checked and are set correctly.

I have a database that I upgraded from 3.2 to 6.2 using the admin software. It looks good and tests good. When I try to restore it to the system, it does not restore. It goes through the process and the system reboots. But when I log in to the system, I still have a (mostly) default database. The exception being the VM applications and mailboxes are restored.

What is the proper way to restore a database to a defaulted system?

BTW, this is a side job for a non-profit which I am not being paid for. No SWA from Mitel and the other tech I work with does not have much experience with restoring databases on the 5000.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Database Restore Method
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »
I have had a weird situation where the default IP Address and the restore IP address do not match, which caused the restore to mess up. It basically wouldn't finish the restore and showed corruption when I logged into the system. I go into the defaulted system and set the static IP to the restore address and this has fixed the problem.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »
I have had a weird situation where the default IP Address and the restore IP address do not match, which caused the restore to mess up. It basically wouldn't finish the restore and showed corruption when I logged into the system. I go into the defaulted system and set the static IP to the restore address and this has fixed the problem.
What version? When these are different a window usually pops up asking if you want to use the settings in the restore file or what the system has currently... Did one these the other day when a Processor Module and CF went bad, restored the database and it popped up the window and said use settings from restore file and all was fine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
It's happened more than once and I did select use restore settings. I believe it start happening around 6.2. We noticed it happening when we upgraded software and loaded the converted upgraded database to a new compact flash using a default cabinet. A message appear during the restore that says something about losing connection and the restore stops. We found changing the default IP address to the static of the current system prevented this connection loss.

Offline onehotspud

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:57:39 AM »
I got this done. I would like to know what process others use to restore databases. I was failing by trying to delete everything out of the system prior to restoring.

I tried one restore, which failed but it created the voice processor apps and mailboxes. I then did another restore and everything took. After that, I was able to restore mailbox greetings, messages, and audiotex recordings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10