Author Topic: access files in NuPoint?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
access files in NuPoint?
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »
Hi. We have a MAS server that also has NuPoint in it.
I'm interested in gaining access to some or all the voice prompt, greeting, and/or message -files- contained within NuPoint. I tried SFTP to the MAS server but evidently it refuses to talk. I can SSH to MAS, but that just gets me into a giant menu of unhelpful stuff as opposed to a straight shell (despite that the security settings say "Allow administrative command line access over secure shell.")

How does one get to the audio files?

In my case, I'm interested in downloading, then editing, and re-uploading some voice greetings and so on, and perhaps archiving some individual message boxes.

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: access files in NuPoint?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
If you want the shell you need to login with the user root (and normally the same password as admin)
This should also allow SFTP access.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:47 AM »
Ah thanks. I'd never have thought of that. I can sftp to the /root directory of MAS, but there's really nothing there other than some conf and log files. Where are the voice files?
Thanks,
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:14:09 PM »
Ah thanks. I'd never have thought of that. I can sftp to the /root directory of MAS, but there's really nothing there other than some conf and log files. Where are the voice files?
Thanks,
-dg
/root is not "root" that is the root user's home folder, try going to "/"

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »
/usr/local/vm/audio/prompts are close to where system prompts are as this depends upon a choice. Within the chosen language directory will be  a file called PMTNAMETBL that lists what each one says.

I think messages are stored in /usr/vm/audio/store and determined what each will likely be difficult. There is a way to determine call propmts for call flows by looking at the xml file in usr/val5/CallFlows. You will see a message id, this value when converted to hex will be the recording in one of the folders under store

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10