Author Topic: SIP Trunk and IP Phone Audio  (Read 1431 times)

Offline aoberlin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP Trunk and IP Phone Audio
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »
This is a weird one.  I have a client that I setup a demo box on location to try out our SIP trunking and demo the phone system.  Every test call we have done sounds great to us.  The client has let a few users try out the phones for outgoing calls and we have had a couple complaints only from 2 of the users saying this.  "I just got off the phone with a guy at Joe Smith and I experienced what I think was what Bob was talking about where I started to talk at the same time he was talking and it sounded like it cut him off so I couldn’t hear him."

Has anyone heard of something like this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Trunk and IP Phone Audio
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:34:14 AM »
aoberlin,

What type of trunks was the system attached to; analog [POTS] or digital [SIP, PRI, T-1, E-1, etc]?

It could be a couple of factors, but most likely they were experiencing some sort of echo cancellation.

Thanks,

TE

Offline aoberlin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:19:46 AM »
Thanks for the response.  There current environment is an Avaya system hooked up to a PRI.  The environment they are testing is Mitel 250 with a 5330 IP phone going over a SIP trunk. Is there a setting I can change to help with this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
aoberlin,

Well this may be a hard one to fix as it could be the Avaya causing the problem between the SIP Trunk and the PRI, but you can try to adjust the Echo Profile of the 5330 IP phone to be more aggressive. Be warned though this will make the audio sound "odd" to the person talking as they will no longer hear the side-tone they are used to. This should be resolved when the Avaya is removed and the system goes directly to the PRI to make its call.

By default an IP Phone is set to 1 - No Echo so you may just want to slowing move it up the list until the problem is resolved; if it is an echo problem in the first place. Unfortunately there is no SPAN side Echo filter for SIP Trunks so you can't do anything with that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline aoberlin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the help and I will give it a try.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »
Just trying to understand the scenario a little better.

Are you testing with a 5330 connected to the MiVO250 and the MiVO250 directly connected to your SIP Trunks?
or does the MiVO250 connect to the Avaya via SIP trunks?

My understanding is the 5330 and MiVO250 are completely separate from the other system.

Offline aoberlin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »
@sarond Yeah it is a totally different system all together.  But I did the echo cancellation still possibly applied.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10