Author Topic: Calls not sent to VM on no answer when manual call forwarding is active  (Read 1350 times)

Offline joes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
We have a MiVoice Office 250 system. If any user turns on manual call forwarding using the 'Fwd All' softkey on their 5320 phone, calls to their extension are forwarded, but never time out to voicemail on no answer on the destination phone (they just keep ringing). I can set up a CRA that immediately forwards to the destination extension and have them forward to that, which allows the destination phone to transfer to VM on no answer as desired. But I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without creating CRAs or any other kind of extra extensions. Thanks all!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Calls not sent to VM on no answer when manual call forwarding is active
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:12 PM »
Manually forwarded calls will never follow a station forward path. You're basically tell the phone to ignore system forwarding and do something else instead.

You'll need to program a path for calls to follow, a CRA is one way to do it.

Offline joes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Calls not sent to VM on no answer when manual call forwarding is active
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
Hi DND ON,
Do you know of any way the desired behavior can set from the phone?
I ask because we have many users who sometimes need to enable manual forwarding to a wide range of extensions, and it would be a pain for them to have to know the different extension which is the CRA which forwards to the destination they need each time. In my organization, they almost always want the extension they're forwarding to to send calls to its mailbox on no answer.
Joe

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10