Author Topic: Mitel Anyware virtual MCD LIM compatability  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
Mitel Anyware virtual MCD LIM compatability
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
Cusitomer has a Mitel Anyware product and was sold some LIMs to add to phones in different offices of their campus for power fail bypass. I am being told by my Telco tech support that the Anyware product does not support LIM functionality...does anyone if the virtual products do support the LIM?

Jim

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Anyware virtual MCD LIM compatability
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
That surprises me a little bit. I haven't used a LIM but simply assumed it was a passive product that didn't care about the controller until the network connection dropped.

I would think for virtual MCD's it would be even more important because you can't have integrated analog connections or ASU's.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »
Yeah, the response from our network operation center surprised me also...I really was skeptical when they said that it isn't supported on the virtual product...

thanks, Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
Crowtalks,

The LIM (Line Interface Module) is for the 53xx series product line. As far as I am aware most vendors are using the 69xx series products for endpoints which doesn't have that as a module interface. There is no reason they couldn't sell them 53xx series endpoints with LIMs to be configured for 911 and network loss as far as I know.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
The customer has 5330 sets.

I suppose the issue started when I was attempting to set the LIMs up active with an analog line key...with the limited access I have been given for programming (admin portal) there is no analog line key available to me and apparently the tech group couldn't find it either...that probably prompted their comment.

As far as connecting the LIM to the set for failover only, I don't see what the system has to do with that...that seems to be a local operation, between the set and the LIM, but maybe I'm wrong...

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10