Author Topic: telewalker configuration  (Read 3643 times)

Offline saroj007

• View Profile
telewalker configuration
« on: September 12, 2017, 03:27:44 AM »
Hi,
I am trying to configure a telewalker phone to mitel MBG . I have assigned a public ip to the phone but the phone is not registered yet.i have used the below configuration to the mitel 5312 phone and from phone .MBG wan IP is pinging .but phone is not registering its pop up en error messages " CONNECTION REFUSED" CONTACT TW ADMIN.Please let meknow if i have missed any configuration .
the phone i have configured is like below..

Phone IP address : Public IP
Def GW IP : the gateway IP for Public IP
Subnet mask : the subnet mask for public ip
ICP IP address : Didn't gave anything
TFTP SVR IP : Didn't gave anything
TFTP SVR port :5060
IPA IP Address : Didn't gave anything
DNS1 IP Address : Gave the actual DNP IP
DNS2 IP address : Didn't gave anything
then did the ping test with MBG WAN IP it was pinging then i have save and restore the configuration.
Config Teleworker Gateway : MBG WAN IP ) (under phone mode or pressing 7 during reboot of phone) 

Please let me know if i missed anything to work this.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: telewalker configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
Teleworker phones do not use public IP's. They are set to receive a local IP on the subnet of the network they are plugged in to. If you program them manually then you have to use the local network information (Usually provided by DHCP). The only public IP used is the MBG public (WAN) IP for contact to that MBG. The phone then gets everything it needs from the 3300 via the MBG.

So use the 7 route at boot to program and just enter the MBG WAN IP and it should find everything it needs itself up to registering on the 3300.

It really is easier to use DHCP in the vast number of cases.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: telewalker configuration
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
"CONNECTION REFUSED - CONTACT TW ADMIN" - Is a message meaning the set is unknown (not setup in the MBG or MAC is defined incorrectly) and you do not have an installation password set in the configuration of the MBG for your ICP(s)... x-man is also correct, you do not need a public IP on the phone, just a normal IPv4 LAN IP provided by DHCP, in fact it is probably a bad idea to have a public IP directly on a phone and a waste of resources that are unnecessary.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10