Author Topic: Root Administrator password  (Read 4475 times)

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
Root Administrator password
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:48:44 PM »
Hello,

So, on our Mitel 3300 CXi II running MCD 6.0, I can log in to the telnet interface using username system with a certain password.

Also, in System Properties, System Administration, User Authorization Profiles, I see the Root Administrator's user name is system. But, when I try to log in to the MCD web interface with the user name and same password as telnet, it says my password is wrong. Are these different accounts? Or can anyone make any suggestions for what else might be wrong? I want to create Admin Policies to enable limited system administration for the office manager.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:22:14 PM by jdfoxmicro »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Root Administrator password
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »
Hello,

So, on our Mitel 3300 CXi II running MCD 6.0, I can log in to the telnet interface using username system with a certain password.

Also, in System Properties, System Administration, User Authorization Profiles, I see the Root Administrator's user name is system. But, when I try to log in to the MCD web interface with the user name and same password as telnet, it says my password is wrong. Are these different accounts? Or can anyone make any suggestions for what else might be wrong? I want to create Admin Policies to enable limited system administration for the office manager.

Thanks.
The telnet interface is depreciated and the username and passwords are fixed and cannot be changed. They have no relation to any username or password you have configured through ESM.

Note that the telnet interface should NOT be used for any purpose unless directed by technical support.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:57:44 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10