Author Topic: Multiple call appearance configuration  (Read 2404 times)

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
Multiple call appearance configuration
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:32:32 PM »
Hello,

This is about a Mitel 3300 CXi II that I inherited a while ago.  I noticed on the phones, if the extension (DN) is 104, then the softkeys are programmed with Button Directory Numbers of 204 and 304, and these act as additional call appearances for the extension.  And, if 104 is the assistant for someone on 122, we can put 122, 222, and 322 and have three call appearances for Ext. 122.

I can't find anywhere in the documentation where this mechanism is described. If a DN is programmed on a key, and it's not found as a configured User/Device, does it replace the first digit with a 1 or something?

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Multiple call appearance configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
You can add Single Line Keys to a handset with any number on them you want.
It can then be used to seize a line to dial out, and, you can also have a Direct In Dial number pointing to it to receive calls.

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but this didn't address what I observed and was asking about. If we have an extension 122, then if I add Single Line softkeys and put 222 and 322 for the "Button Dir. Number", those work as call appearances for extension 122.  I don't see where 222 or 322 are defined anywhere else, and I'd like to understand the mechanism of how the Mitel 3300 decides to do this.  I mean, what if there were an actual Extension 222 or 322 existing already?

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
You're just creating a Single Line. This is how you add an extension that is not the primary extension of a phone.

If the number already existed, you would get a message saying, "The following error was encountered: This directory number is currently programmed as another type of group." or it would accept the Save, but change the Line Type to Multicall.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:02:50 PM by PhoneSlayer »

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 01:57:39 PM »
I figured it out.  This was implemented in the Call Rerouting set of forms under Call Handling. Each extension was set to an index for Alternatives, which is where 215 and 315 directory numbers were defined for Ext. 115.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10