Author Topic: Some basic questions about licensing  (Read 5415 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Some basic questions about licensing
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:58:20 AM »
Howdy, folks.
I'm curious about some basic licensing issues.
In the license and option selection, I see "IP Users 122 locally consumed, 122 locally allocated, and 3 available for allocation."
First of all, if I have 122 allocated and 122 consumed, where are the other 3 coming from?
and second, what constitutes an IP user exactly, and how does an IP user become "consumed?" How does one "un-consume" it?
I have a total of 162 extensions actually defined, some of which are active, and some not (e.g. created an extension for testing but subsequently moved the phone to another extension) Most are actual 5330e/5340e units, but a few are SPA122's and the like. Let's say I had an extension defined that was working, and the phone died and hasn't been used for a while. Is that still 'consumed?'
Also, what is a Multi-Device user, exactly?

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Some basic questions about licensing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
The 3 available for allocation should be TBYB ( try before you buy ) or  maybe over allocation .

it will be more easy if u put screenshot....

- "Let's say I had an extension defined that was working, and the phone died and hasn't been used for a while. Is that still 'consumed?'"

if you don't delete the phone(directory numver) from the user and devices form the licence stay consumed even if the phone not in use.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »

Full - A DN with this service level is assigned to a standard user and device with full telephony service. This service level must be selected when configuring a Single Line Phone.

IP Device Only - A DN with this service level is assigned to an unlicensed device that has only basic telephony functionality (emergency or attendant calls). The device becomes functional when a hot desk user or hot desk ACD agent logs into it. (NOTE: Softkeys for features such as Conference Split and Swap/Trade which are unavailable to devices with this service level continue to be presented but are non-functional.)

Trusted - A DN with this service level is assigned to a trusted Mitel application that has full telephony service once it registers with the system. Although the DN can be programmed on the same forms as a Full Service DN, it does not use an IP User License.

Multi-Device - A DN with this service level is assigned to a user that has only basic telephony functionality (emergency or attendant calls) until programmed as a member of a Multi-device User Group or Multi-device Suite.

There are two types of Multi-device User Groups:

•Standard group: The DN does not use an IP User license. A Standard group is licensed collectively consuming one Multi-device Users or Multi-device Suites license per group.

•External Twinning group: A Multi-device Users license is not required for External Twinning but an IP User license must be available and is consumed on the primary node. If the user is an External Hot Desk User (EHDU), an EHDU license must be available and is consumed on the primary node.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:54:46 PM »
My five cents.

The difference between allocated, available and consumed are as follows:

Firstly you always look at purchased. That is what you have, period.
So available is purchased - allocated or another way        purchased - allocated = available
allocated is what you have decided to allocate to your system from you pool of purchased licenses
consumed is how many programmed licenseable devices (the device doesn't have to be plugged in it only has to be programmed/configured to consume a license. There is an exception or two like active ACD licenses) you are using from the amount allocated to your system.

Remember there is also a sharing license option (Enterprise Group sharing/DLM) that also plays into this a little. Typically you shouldn't have any available licenses. I think what happened is that someone bought licenses and it was never allocated after the license update.

certain licenses have a try before you buy option and certain licenses have a over allocation option. I can discuss these separate but it's all in the help file

IP Only device service level phones do NOT use licenses
MDUG or multi device user license is a license which allow you to program a user with up to 8 devices using only a single license. You can only use on of the devices at any point in time (so you you can't buy 1 MDUG and use if for different users). The idea is that you don't need a license for each device for a single user. It costs more than an IP user license but less than 2 or 3. So it really is a commercial thing unless you buy UCC licenses - then you get it as part of the bundle.

I hope this helps

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10