Author Topic: Unable to call voicemail extension  (Read 3490 times)

Offline KaptenBlack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Unable to call voicemail extension
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
I have set up a voicemail box 1671 and I can log into the voicemail box but the system will not call it when I dial 1671. There is no phone associated with this number it. I have one i set up previously that works but I do not see a difference between the two so far except the working one appears in call Rerouting and one that is not working is not listed in call rerouting.

Any suggestions on what I missed would be Appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Unable to call voicemail extension
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
I have set up a voicemail box 1671 and I can log into the voicemail box but the system will not call it when I dial 1671. There is no phone associated with this number it. I have one i set up previously that works but I do not see a difference between the two so far except the working one appears in call Rerouting and one that is not working is not listed in call rerouting.

Any suggestions on what I missed would be Appreciated.
Because 1671 exists in the voicemail system, does not mean the phone system knows how to get a call to that mailbox. You need to create "something" to route to voicemail that is associated with 1671. I find it is often easiest to create an ACD Express Path and set Enable Interflow, set the Interflow Timer to 1 sec,  then set the Interflow Point Directory Number and Unavailable Answer Point Directory Number to the Voicemail huntgroup.

You don't have to do it this way, you can use a hunt group, extension, acd path, ring group, or any number of ways to get the number to go to voicemail.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
Acejavelin,

What I figured out to do was create a 6940 with PKMs and set it to IP Device Only to use as a way to create Phantom extensions. I then would go to the Keys and setup single lines of extension that I didn't want as a full blown extension. Then I would go to the Directory and name the new single line and then on to Call Reroute to route it Always [Day, Night1, Night2] to Voice Mail. This way I can have a lot of PKM entries in one location to look up and manage.

What would the ACD Express Path provide you that the method I explained wouldn't be able to do; just curious in case I should switch to your method? Also, does it require a license for the ACD Express Path to work; I haven't used one on either system I worked on?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »
Paths don't require licenses [agents do] so the use-a-path-to-dial-a-thing thing is something I've done on just about every system at one time or another.

Interestingly about the keys on Device-Only licensed endpoints....a customer using all 5312s + hotdesking wanted a speedcall key programmed on all the "base" extensions for the hotdesk login feature code [because there are no softkeys on 5312, which would usually say Hotdesk when not logged in] but I found that it wasn't possible without changing the license type to Full. Are 69xx different to 53xx in this regard?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »
I use ACD Paths because I only have to touch one form to make and they break the chain.... meaning no matter how the call got to the ACD Path, the original extension associated with it is forgotten, it could have been forwarded multiple times but once it hits the ACD Path and queues for a second it always hits the VM with the ACD paths extensions number.

There are at least a dozen ways to do this, and don't think any of them are really wrong as long as they work.

Offline KaptenBlack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
Thnak you for all your help. I went through the ACD and I didn't really understand what it was doing so I stayed away from it  for now. I did look at the other options acejavelin suggested and ended up adding hunt groups and then changing the call rerouting straight to voicemail.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:09 AM »
Dogbreath,

Since the only thing that I have programmed on a 3300 so far is 69xx series phones I didn't know there was a difference, but yes all 69xx series phones that I have dealt with [6940, 6930, 6920] all have Softkeys and the Hot Desk Login shows up on those.

Now to be clear I don't use the device I create for Phantom extensions as a Hot Desk phone; in reality a phone is never pinned to it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »
We do similar to TE when a mailbox key is required.
You can't set a mailbox key (MWI) against a HG, so although you can get the call to VM you can't monitor it on a key for group mailboxes.

So we create a dummy trusted IP device (doesn't use a license) normally a 5340 (as this will give enough keys for what we need)
We program a single line on a key and the reroute the DN always to VM
You can then program a Message Wait Indicator on a button for each of the phones that want access to the mailbox.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10