Author Topic: Program sip trunk based on ip athentication (for outbound calls)  (Read 1240 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
Hi there Mitel friends,

I need to program a sip trunk on a Mitel 3300 ICP MCD 4.2.
But i need to program the sip trunk (outgoing) based on IP Authentication not based on username and password.

I didn't programmed a sip trunk based on IP Authentication yet on a Mitel 3300 ICP. I always programmed the sip trunk using username and password given by the SIP Provider.

Can someone help me out with this one ?

Many Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Program sip trunk based on ip athentication (for outbound calls)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
IP "authentication", what do they mean by that?

In most of our cases with SIP trunking providors we just signal to the carrier's SBC IP address and they only talk to the IP address of of our MBG, in these cases there is no "authentication". There is no username, password, or anything else.

Guess I am not sure what you are looking for here.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Program sip trunk based on ip athentication (for outbound calls)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:34:13 AM »
Its near the top of the sip peer form and just needs the IP information setting in there. No need for the username name and password at the bottom just leave them blank. You just need to make sure you use the correct type of IP address or FQDN to authenticate with your provider (they should give you the details). All the rest is pretty much as per the help file TBH. Your SIP provider should be ble to get you a setup guide if they have tested with Mitel because that makes it pretty easy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:44:35 AM by x-man »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10