Author Topic: AAstra 6731i MWI and transcription  (Read 871 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
AAstra 6731i MWI and transcription
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »
I have a new customer that wants to keep their old 6731i phones.
I have convinced them to change the main phone and the remote phones to Mitel phones so the BLF functionality will work.

I have been unable to get a test phone to show that a message is waiting. Is there something obvious that should be selected that I may have overlooked?

They also want to keep some kind of voicemail transcription service similar to their current provider. Is there an add on that would do this function?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AAstra 6731i MWI and transcription
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
Magnus,

I am not sure what a 6731i phone is, but I assume it is setup as SIP so we will go from there.

You are correct that SIP will not support DSS/BLF functionality, but it should support MWI so look under the System > SIP Phone > {9xxxx} > Configuration > MWI > Accept MWI: YES

If they use the NuPoint there is a transcription service that Mitel works with that is supported; otherwise I don't know of one that is supported for the built-in Voice Processor. This doesn't mean that you can't get one to work though; it just means that Mitel hasn't sorted anything out for this functionality.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10