Author Topic: 8602 IP SoftPhone trying to send diagnostic emails - setting to disable?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Jack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have a remote user that gets the following error messages after every call:

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install and email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

"Automatic Diagnostics E-mail failed: Could not access the default e-mail client. Please check your Internet Options in the control panel to make sure a functional default e-mail client is available, and then restart the 8602 application. [-2147467259]"

I know I can attempt to solve this by setting up an email client on her home computer, but I would rather change a setting somewhere to disable the sending of these Automatic Diagnostic E-mail unless I find it necessary.  I've read the 8602 User Guide and poked around the settings in the Mitel System Administration and Diagnostics but I have been unable to locate a setting that controls this.  The closest I've come is a flag labeled "Audio Diagnostics" but that didn't do it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jack,

I haven't seen an 8602 softphone in years, but that function would have to be within the softphone itself for you to get that error.

Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the 8602 so I can't say where that setting is located.

Sorry,

TE

Offline Jack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks!  At least that rules out a setting on the other side of things.  I'll check it out.  I appreciate your response. 
Maybe it's time for us to invest in a newer softphone.

Offline Jack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 8602 IP SoftPhone trying to send diagnostic emails - setting to disable?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
In case anyone has this same issue, I was able to find the Audio Diagnostic setting in the softphone's settings on the end user's PC.  I disabled the Audio Diagnostics and the errors after each call went away.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10