Author Topic: Micollab mobile softphone timeout  (Read 2449 times)

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
Micollab mobile softphone timeout
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »
Hi folks, we are finding that on iPhones with up to date iOS versions, if you have the MiCollab mobile softphone running in the background, and you close out of it (swipe it away for example), it is not telling the 3300/MBG that it disconnected - the phone system still thinks the softphone is available. So then if anyone calls the user (if they were only logged into the softphone app originally for example), all you get is dead air/silence/no ring for the 30 or so seconds before voicemail eventually picks up.

Now if you have the MiCollab app open in the foreground and double tap the home button and swipe it away, it usually (99% of the time) closes the connection to the phone system properly.
If you had MiCollab open and then pressed home and then went to mail for example to read some email then double tap home and swipe away the MiCollab app, the phone system thinks it is still open.

Anyone else experience this before? I have not been able to test on Android as we don't have any to test with.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Micollab mobile softphone timeout
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 02:34:15 PM »
Hi.

I have the same issue. Any updates?

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:49 PM »
Kind of...It still happens but at least calls are going to voicemail now instead of the caller getting dead air until the timeout. Mitel went into the system and made 'an adjustment to the SIP device capabilities server side' to get that working. They say they:

Used SIP Device cap 71 adjusted SIP Invite Ringing response timer to 1

Hope that helps, it helped ours but don't know if it will in your setup.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »
Kind of...It still happens but at least calls are going to voicemail now instead of the caller getting dead air until the timeout. Mitel went into the system and made 'an adjustment to the SIP device capabilities server side' to get that working. They say they:

Used SIP Device cap 71 adjusted SIP Invite Ringing response timer to 1

Hope that helps, it helped ours but don't know if it will in your setup.

Thank u for your answer.

For me i have another issue  when i swith to another application or email. Sometimes when i got back to the MiCollab.i have error: Softphone lost connection

Any idea?

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »
Sorry no, we haven't experienced that issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10