Author Topic: Cannot turn off IC auto answer  (Read 3951 times)

Offline CompuSolutions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cannot turn off IC auto answer
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:07 PM »
I have single handset that is always auto answering and going to handsfree mode when =ever we call the station number.  The extension is a 5340.  I have tried numerous combinations of Handsfree on/off (Feature code : 319), Ring IC Always IC on/off (Feature Code : 377) and Automatic Intercom Access on/off (Feature Code 361), none of which seem to make any difference at all.

I have logged on using the Mitel Programming tool and compared phone settings but cannot see any difference to other phone extensions that do not exhibit this behaviour.

Any pointers on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot turn off IC auto answer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:41:41 AM »
Handsfree (319) controls how the phone receives intercom calls. Ring Intercom Always (377) controls how the phone transmits intercom calls. Auto IC (361) determines if the intercom button needs to be pressed to answer non-handsfree intercom calls.

I generally enable 377, disable 319 and 361 on all phones, so nothing goes handsfree but you can just lift the handset to answer calls.

Offline CompuSolutions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 01:40:48 AM »
Thanks DND On.  After playing around a bit 319 did the trick however it appears that 319 works on some extensions and not others even with the same handset model so I am still working on finding out why that is

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
For future reference, a handset is the piece on the phone that you hold to your ear. There are different types of handsets that are compatible with different types of phones, so details are important when asking questions.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:21 PM »
For future reference, a handset is the piece on the phone that you hold to your ear. There are different types of handsets that are compatible with different types of phones, so details are important when asking questions.

FWIW, I always thought the handset was the phone and the handpiece is the part you pick up and hold against your ear.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:32:29 AM »

FWIW, I always thought the handset was the phone and the handpiece is the part you pick up and hold against your ear.

At least they stopped calling it an endpoint. Of course, the proper term is instrument.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10