Author Topic: Superconsole 1000 - Extension Caller ID?  (Read 5378 times)

Offline baymontmike

• View Profile
Superconsole 1000 - Extension Caller ID?
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
Hello all,

It is nice to have found a resource for information on these rather archaic older Mitel systems.

On to the subject matter. I work at a hotel which uses a Mitel Superconsole 1000 for our phone system. Called ID works on the Superconsole 1000 when it is in Day Service mode, and calls are answered via the console. However,  we primarily use it on Night 1 mode, and forward all calls to an extension. This extension is an AT&T cordless phone system with 2 handsets. When set up in this manner, Caller ID is never shown on the handhelds.

Assuming I know next to nothing about this system, is there a way for us to get Caller ID on these handhelds?

I can provide further details about our setup if need be.

Thanks,
baymontmike

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Superconsole 1000 - Extension Caller ID?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »
What model of Mitel PBX is it?
SX200 or SX2000?

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 10:41:01 PM »
Hello all,

It is nice to have found a resource for information on these rather archaic older Mitel systems.

On to the subject matter. I work at a hotel which uses a Mitel Superconsole 1000 for our phone system. Called ID works on the Superconsole 1000 when it is in Day Service mode, and calls are answered via the console. However,  we primarily use it on Night 1 mode, and forward all calls to an extension. This extension is an AT&T cordless phone system with 2 handsets. When set up in this manner, Caller ID is never shown on the handhelds.

Assuming I know next to nothing about this system, is there a way for us to get Caller ID on these handhelds?

Thanks,
baymontmike
So this takes specific hardware...

If you have the old TDM bays (8 cards, a power supply, and an interface card, with a tinted front plastic window), you need ONS/CLASS cards installed, if you have an ICP system and this is from a ASU or ASU II module, or embedded ASU, it will just need to be programmed in the system.

Offline baymontmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »
What model of Mitel PBX is it?
SX200 or SX2000?

Ralph

I am not sure. I will check in the coming days. I should have gathered more information first but like I said, I do not know a lot about these systems.

Hello all,

Thanks,
baymontmike
So this takes specific hardware...

If you have the old TDM bays (8 cards, a power supply, and an interface card, with a tinted front plastic window), you need ONS/CLASS cards installed, if you have an ICP system and this is from a ASU or ASU II module, or embedded ASU, it will just need to be programmed in the system.

I will verify our current set up in a few days. Unfortunately I only work weekends.

Offline baymontmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »
Hello all,

I took a photo of some things I found in our phone room that are branded Mitel. I am not sure what I am looking at.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »
That cabinet has the potential to have CID on 3 cards. from what I see. What is the control?, and where is the extension  desired programmed?

Offline baymontmike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »
That cabinet has the potential to have CID on 3 cards. from what I see. What is the control?, and where is the extension  desired programmed?

I'll be frank and tell you I have no idea what that means. Can you dumb it down a tad? The extension is programmed as Night 1, and it directs to the number '401', while our office phone directs to 400.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »
It means that any single line extension which is fed by one of the blue cards has the ability to potentially display caller id info

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 08:11:52 PM »
In Form 9, find your extension that you want to have Caller ID... it will have a physical location ID of Bay-Slot-Circuit, and you will need to know what "Bay" number the cabinet is with the blue cards. Say it is Bay 2, then cards 2, 3, and 4 have the ability to provide Caller ID to the phone.

If you extension does no reside on on of those card's ports, you will need to move it there, both logically in the system and physically via the jumpers and cross connects at the system.

After the phone is connected to a port capable of providing Caller ID, then we can look at the programming aspect of it.

Offline jlawton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »
Was this ever resolved?  I have a similar issue and was looking to see what the programming aspect was at the end.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »
If this is a ML\EL,
The following conditions apply to this feature:
•   The system requires an ONS/CLASS Line card, and the BCC III with a DSP module (single) in the same SX-200 ELx cabinet. LIGHTWARE 18 Release 2.0 or greater software is also required.
•   The trunk side CLASS functionality requires a LS/CLASS Trunk card, LS/CLASS trunk module with the SPINE, T1 (ANI/DNIS), or ISDN BRI, PRI, and Network Gateway (CLID and CNID).
•   The eight CLASS generators on the DSP module are assigned and released as they are required. The CLASS generators are only assigned while information transmits to the set.
•   COS Option 502, Display ANI/DNIS/CLASS Information, must be enabled for the analog sets.
•   COS Option 505, ONS Stations Support CLASS must be enabled.
•   COS Option 507, Station/Set: Allow My Number to be Displayed controls whether or not the number of a station or set appears on another station or set on the same system. The blocking of the number works independantly of who is the caller and who is the called party.
If COS option 507 is disabled and Set A calls Set B, Set B will not see the number belonging to Set A. If Set B calls the front desk and requests to be connected to another guest and is transferred to set A, set B will again not see the number belonging to set A. The default for COS Option 507 is ENABLED (showing the internal number).
•   COS Option 508, Station/Set: Show Internal Numbers on My Phone, overrides COS Option 507. COS Option 508 allows a station or set to always see the number of the other party. Administration telephones such as room service would use this COS option.
•   The purchasable System Option 89, CLASS Functionality for ONS Sets must be enabled.
•   The analog telephone must interface to the ONS/CLASS Line card to obtain the CLID information.
•   The Calling ID of the originating outside caller is dependant on the programming of COS Option 273, Display Held Caller ID to ONS/CLASS, for the transferring party. The ONS CLASS set will display the caller ID of the outside original caller if the transferring party has COS Option 273 enabled (the default setting is disabled). If COS Option 273 is disabled for the transferring party or if the held party is an internal telephone, the ONS CLASS set will show the caller ID of the transferee i.e. attendant, automated attendant, voice mail etc. 
•   SUPERSET telephones with a SIM2 do not support CLASS.
•   A CLASS command clears stored calling/called numbers and names on ONS sets when a hotel-guest checkout occurs.
•   Third-party telephone sets may not provide the expected functionality.
•   Telephones with COS option 505 enabled, cannot take part in a Message Lamp Test. CLASS protocol controlling the message waiting lamp interferes with this.
•   An ONS CLASS set will not display the name of the caller after a Call Park System Orbit retrieve.
•   The timing co-ordination for the name and number on BRI and PRI trunks is controlled with COS Option 813, Delay ONS Ring - Wait for Network Name (0-6 s).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10